Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
HypertrophyTraining Programs

Routines variations11672

Illadian private msg quote post Address this user
How does routines change the way muscle is build ? the only thing i fully understand is low rep and high rep for the effects on sarcoplasmic and mybofrillar , i think these were the names , anyway other than that i see Vince Gironda's 8*8 , GVT 10*10 , 5*5 for that guy eliote hustle , for example am cutting , is there a routine that has an effect for cutting ? i think it might be a silly question yes but just wanted to know , we are supposed to change routine every while correct ? like 2 months or so ?
Post 1 IP   flag post
jonrivs49 private msg quote post Address this user
If your still see improvement on ur program. Dont change routine. Wether ur cutting or bulking. Programs depends on ur goals.
Post 2 IP   flag post
day 1 upper body 5*5
day 2 lower body 5*5
day 3 rest
day 4 chest and back 3*12
day 5 shoulders and arms 3*12
day 6 legs and abs 3*12 except abs i go 5*20 in main
day 7 rest

now this i noticed a huge increase in potentials , deadlift and bench press both went up to 90 kg ( thats 45 kg at eac side of bar not sure how u ppl put in ur weights yet o.O ) while i was 30 max a month ago when i started , but on otherr hand some muscle groups like biceps and triceps i see really no change in size just defenition may be and thats for losing weight not working out
Post 3 IP   flag post
Day 4 chest / back then day5 shoulder and arms?.. when you do chest and back you also trigger arms. You need atleast 48 hrs or 2 days of recovery time before working a muscle again.
Post 4 IP   flag post
brian12 private msg quote post Address this user
@Illadian You definitely shouldn't be changing your routine every 2 months. That's counterproductive - milk it as long as you can (6 months plus), and when you truly stall, switch it up.

As for a different routine for cutting. No. Stick with the routine you were using before the cut.

As for the various 'style's of training. There is no best style. A style that you enjoy and that you progress on is the best style for you. Some members on SS like low volume, low rep heavy work - and get awesome gains; others prefer huge volume and get awesome gains.

Bottom line, no right or wrong (as long as you are not doing stupidly high reps, or only ever doing single heavy ass reps, of course). And don't switch up routines too often!
Post 5 IP   flag post
And what do you mean by 5*5.. At first i thought it was set/reps. but it would be impossible. Maybe you mean 5 exercise? 5 rep?.. it should be like set and reps.
For example chest
Incline 5x5
Bench 10000x10000
Flies 30000 x3000
Post 6 IP   flag post
@brian. Well said..
Post 7 IP   flag post
@brian12 i have n't switched yet been same for month , and u said my thoughts exactly of effect of workout routine on cutting.
A question though , you can use high reps ALONE , but can't use low reps and heavy weights alone ?

@jonrivs well my routine is PHAT routine i found article of layne norton on SS , i could try and shuffle the days but it would give a max of 1 day rest , plus i am used mainly to high volume , i have a minimum of 12 workouts/exercises on any given day , while layne's program got like 8 max , i like to stay in gym , i could give it a try and do the phat workouts as written ( or any routine like it that you would suggest ) plus i didnt try the pull/push/legs yet
Post 8 IP   flag post
Rawsteel private msg quote post Address this user
As Brian said, stick to a routine you enjoy untill you no longer make any gains.
I myself have been using a P/P/L training 5 of 7 days with only minor adjustments for 2 years now and i am still making some kind of gain every workout.
Post 9 IP   flag post
340738 9 9
destitute