Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
eventheodds1 private msg quote post Address this user
Hello,

My name is Eventheodds1. I am 20 years old attending full time university for Mechanical Engineering. I also work close to full-time. Life in general is very compact because my schedule is literally booked most of the time.

Hobbies include watching soccer games, reading and keeping up with fitness industry, and of course bodybuilding.

At this point Bodybuilding is a hobby however, I do want to compete on stage and have no idea how long that will take.

More about me:
My first actually bodybuilding training was Kris Gethin's 12 week trainer aside from lifting during high school football career ending with torn left acl and meniscus, left shoulder problems, and horrible hip flexors.

Programs I ran were typical bro split at first, than PHAT for 19 weeks, did Jim Stoppani's 6 weeks to arms, and now I want to do an experiment which is as follows:

I will be running Legs/Arms, followed by PUSH AND PULL.
I will have power day the first cycle followed by hypertrophy. ( Legs/ Arms power, Push Power, and Pull Power) and (Legs/ Arms Hypo, Push Hypo, and Pull Hypo)

Like I said earlier I will be tracking my Macros religiously to add mass.The overall goal is to see whether my arms progressed with strength,size, or both after legs.

Supplements include:
Creatine Mono, ON Fish Oil, Vitamin World Multi V, MPharm Assault(This is not affirmative as I might take coffee, beta-alanine, citrulline-malate individually)

Macros~(eventheodds1 Myfitnesspal)

2700 kcal 50,30,20 ratio (carbs, protein, and fats)

Time frame: (12 weeks)
Post 1 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
Awesome bro. GET IT
Post 2 IP   flag post
@SRorhrbac0808 I want to see if that arms after leg thing is true.

What better than to do it myself.
Post 3 IP   flag post
brian12 private msg quote post Address this user
Whoop whoop! Is this a log... If so, I'm in... (I recall someone saying that to me recently)
Post 4 IP   flag post
jonrivs49 private msg quote post Address this user
How do you prove arms grows by doing squat?. Your arms will grow because you also train them on that day.
Post 5 IP   flag post
@jonrivs49 I dont have a control for my experiment but I want to see my arms grew more than before.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@brian12 Yessir.
Post 7 IP   flag post
teewhat private msg quote post Address this user
im in!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eventheodds1
@SRorhrbac0808 I want to see if that arms after leg thing is true.

What better than to do it myself.

wouldnt be a bad idea, considering on leg day i pretty much get the same amount of vascularity, as i do when im training arms!

good luck man
Post 8 IP   flag post
@teewhat thanks bud
Post 9 IP   flag post
Trev182 private msg quote post Address this user
IN
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eventheodds1
@jonrivs49 I dont have a control for my experiment but I want to see my arms grew more than before.
ive done arms on my leg day before. Since its a leg day your arms are not yet stressed out unlike when you do upper. Meaning you are stronger and will able to lift more. Just saying.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I dont want to be a prick. Im also interested in knowing. If squatting really produce hormones that can help you grow muscles. Then its not only applicable to arms. You can workout lagging parts on legs day if this is true..
Post 12 IP   flag post
Illadian private msg quote post Address this user
Am in mate , love experimenting , am not so expert , but on pull/push split u train arms again , a bit of more focus given to them ? am always scared of muscles like biceps and triceps not beeing porportional to big muscle groups like chest and back
Post 13 IP   flag post
FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
B.Eng checking in...
Post 14 IP   flag post
Thanks to all the fellas!!

So stoke to start next week.

Beasty lower hypo day today. Did nothing but focus on contraction and tension.

#no more fake pumps
Post 15 IP   flag post
Hewy007 private msg quote post Address this user
I wish you the best of luck in your trials and tribulations, you are a shredded beast scientist now, with great power comes great gainubilities
Post 16 IP   flag post
@Hewy007 haha thanks brother.def not shredded but that is not my goal

I promise results.

12 weeks of nothing but max tension for everything.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Hewy007 private msg quote post Address this user
@eventheodds1 in 4 max tension! Lighter up boyo!!!!
Post 18 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrivs49
I dont want to be a prick. Im also interested in knowing. If squatting really produce hormones that can help you grow muscles. Then its not only applicable to arms. You can workout lagging parts on legs day if this is true..

This idea has been debunked several times. -3X
Post 19 IP   flag post
igg private msg quote post Address this user
Personally, I'm fucked after legs, no way will I have the energy to do arms..I just want to get out

But good luck
Post 20 IP   flag post
@eknight is everything debunked even arms ek? If so, I know you hve studies.

Thx
Post 21 IP   flag post
SwoleAnimal private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by igg
Personally, I'm fucked after legs, no way will I have the energy to do arms..I just want to get out

But good luck

Same here. I'd atleast have to pick one muscle..bis or tris..otherwise I would not have an effective arm workout.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrivs49

This idea has been debunked several times. -3X
then sorry @even
Post 23 IP   flag post
KnifeHands private msg quote post Address this user
@eventheodds1 Were are you working delts? With arms? Or only on push day?
Post 24 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
What has been shown to be false is the idea that somehow squats illicit enough GH increase to cause a carry-over into hypertrophy gains with other muscle groups. Basically, when tested, people who trained arms after legs had no greater growth than people who trained arms as a separate day, because exercise-induced spikes in anabolic hormones are not sufficient enough to create growth as a whole. -3X
Post 25 IP   flag post
IrishGymSheep private msg quote post Address this user
Would you think there would be some potential strength gain though?
If your using something like squat or say power clean warming thoroughly and working with very high percentil weights and multiple muscles would surely put your body in the ideal state to lift maximal weights afterwards, even if it is only arms.
Post 26 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
The research suggests otherwise. Keep in mind, too, that it is very hard to lift "maximal" weights on anything after a good leg day. Your body is toast. -3X
Post 27 IP   flag post
@eknight Believe it or not but my legs can take some serious beating. They are indeed my strong suite however arms will indeed be challenging but I am willing to test this out.

Ek you are still awesome

@knifehands: push movements shoulder on push day and pull movements like rear delts on pull day.
Post 28 IP   flag post
340752 28 28
destitute