Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
NewbieSplit AdviceTraining Programs

Workout routine for a newbie11594

WadeWave private msg quote post Address this user
I'm trying to put on muscle, gain about 20 lbs if thats possible. I'm 5'10-5'11 about 140lbs. I'm thinking about taking creatine or whey protein, or both. I've also been told to take testosterone boosters and drank fish oil as well. Also I keep seeing all of this stuff about how many calories you need to take in a day. How do you calculate that? Which combination of supplements would I take. I know these questions are all over the place but give me helpful advice on the subjects if you can.
Post 1 IP   flag post
pandasashi private msg quote post Address this user
1) go to the gym
2) do a simple strength program to start (5X5)
3) go home
4) eat big to get big
5) you don't even need supplements yet but if you want them heres a list of what you need, nothing more: whey protein, creatine monohydrate, fish oil, multi vitamin.
6)repeat for life
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thanks for the quick response, do you take testosterone boosters or any of that ? Do you advise against it? Also, I want to stay away from bread because I don't want fat on my chest, do I need bread and pasta to get bigger?
Post 3 IP   flag post
pandasashi private msg quote post Address this user
cant tell if srs...
test boosters don't work.
bread doesn't put fat on your chest. LOL.
bread and pasta are carbs, yes you need them. 50% of your macros should be carbs
Post 4 IP   flag post
Lol yeah I was serious. hence the thread entitled "newbie"
Post 5 IP   flag post
Illadian private msg quote post Address this user
listen to @pandasashi took his advice on 5x5 eliote hustle training its good for starting if ur that much new try compound lifts first to get that strength then split days but get that strength first , Nutrition i cant really help u with that not gud at it , but wudnt go for suplments so early let ur body adapt first n reach its limits
Post 6 IP   flag post
SeahawkMuscle private msg quote post Address this user
@WadeWave your food choice is less important than overall calorie consumption. If you're wanting to gain size start tracking your diet everyday and maybe start with a full body workout 3 times a week.

Here's an article I wrote on beginning bodybuilding. The formatting got messed up but until I can fix it, it's still helpful information. http://www.musclefreaksnutrition.com/so-you-want-to-be-a-bodybuilder/
Post 7 IP   flag post
YaBoiPrince private msg quote post Address this user
Good Article @SeahawkMuscle
Post 8 IP   flag post
340762 8 8
destitute