Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
jrc4979 private msg quote post Address this user
so I have been training now since Jan. I am really seeing some positive results, especially in my abs and my arms. However, my chest seems to be lacking. I am getting stronger by the week and have consistently increased in weight since starting however, I am having trouble developing my upper inner chest. I dont do alot of exercises that target the outer chest, because I dont want to develope that more than the inner. I have been doing alot of incline bench, flys, pec dec and any other excercise I can think of to target the inner chest. Is there something that Im missing, what else can I do to help develop a fuller chest.
Post 1 IP   flag post
adam82a private msg quote post Address this user
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...
Post 2 IP   flag post
Dukenhiemer private msg quote post Address this user
Bench frequently, there is no inner, outer or upper chest. The pectoralis major is all one muscle. It either contracts or it doesn't.
To "develop" them you need to lose bodyfat.
Or gain LBM and do a cut.
Post 3 IP   flag post
jrc4979 private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the comments guys, I just read a few other forums with similar questions. I will just keep lifting.
Post 4 IP   flag post
MrMailliw private msg quote post Address this user
Is your form both good and consistent?
Be honest.

Shoulders retracted, chest up, full ROM, all that jazz.
Post 5 IP   flag post
mikew private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc4979
I am having trouble developing my upper inner chest

Heh heh heh. Like @Dukenhiemer says it's all one muscle.

Set up your split so you have one heavy day and one speed day.

Heavy day example: follow 5/3/1 protocol

Speed day example: 60% 1RM with bands

Also, watch the "So you think you can bench" YouTube series.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Pearce_Bolton private msg quote post Address this user
Train pectoral minor aswell, some people miss it out, ive felt doing chest dips increased my pectoral minor and that it helped make my pecs look more bigger and fuller if i hadnt off trained them
Post 7 IP   flag post
SwoleAnimal private msg quote post Address this user
Thumbless grip guillotine press with extreme arch. 1RM no spot
Post 8 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
@Pearce_Bolton would love to hear how you're able to train the pec minor specifically? Every motion that hits the pec major hits the pec minor. It's not really even a mover- it stabilizes the scapula, but does nothing in terms of pressing. -3X
Post 9 IP   flag post
Well im not sure, i thought it was that but it might just be from doing decline bench press, i thought the pectoral minor was more the width off it like underneath? then the pectoral major was just the hole off it pretty much but the minor like on the lower side, but im probubly wrong as per usual but hey ho.
Post 10 IP   flag post
NaturalBrawn private msg quote post Address this user
Scraps retracted, move the emphasis off your shoulders and you'll see some improvement
Post 11 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
@Pearce_Bolton that's how we learn, bro. The pec major is responsible for flexion, adduction, and medial rotation of the humerus (upper arm). The pec minor doesn't actually move the humerus at all, but works to draw scapula (shoulder blade) forward and downward. Because of that, there's really no way to work the minor effectively without involvement of the major. -3X
Post 12 IP   flag post
Cheers for the correction @eknight
Post 13 IP   flag post
Hewy007 private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah man, best thing is keep working on that chest. I've found what works for me personally is the pec dec or low cable flies, I really see my chest pop like it's about to explode.

I mean pressing movement work your chest yeah,
Do I feel it like I do on flies, or cable flies, no, pure chest stimulationssss
Post 14 IP   flag post
jonrivs49 private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe your uaing more of your tricep than chest. Bar touches chest. Use full range of motion with slow negatives. Mind and mus le connection - feel your chest
Post 15 IP   flag post
340752 15 15
destitute