Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
ChestSplit Advice

Gullitione press11367

SwoleMutant private msg quote post Address this user
The best exercise for chest judging by the new chest mass I gained of it and EMG test, I never heard of someone here do it and I think you must try it, it put more stress on shoulders tho, that's why I do them every second workout, anyway I want to hear opinions from people who does it!
Post 1 IP   flag post
NJT private msg quote post Address this user
I heard attempting your bench press 1rm in a guillotine position without a spotter is probably the best chest exercise possible. Try it.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Post 3 IP   flag post
ajones46 private msg quote post Address this user
Isn't guillotine press the same as a reverse grip bench?
Post 4 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
@ajones46

-3X
Post 5 IP   flag post
You can call it neck press, ek what's your approach about GP?
Post 6 IP   flag post
4real private msg quote post Address this user
Its too dangerous for my liking
Post 7 IP   flag post
Wuton private msg quote post Address this user
Hurts my shoulders when I flare out my elbows that much while pressing.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I've always thought of the reverse grip bench as guillotine because if you lose your grip, it'll fall on your neck, hence guillotine... I think too much lol.

But why bench that high anyway? Seems to be more of a front delt exercise then? And I can think of other moves to work the delt that I'd rather perform than this one.
Post 9 IP   flag post
GP is the best chest exercise, EMG and personal experience... It's called guillotine becuase the press comes from neck instead of chest. 225 lb has better results than 275 regular BBBPRESS.
Post 10 IP   flag post
leanr0x private msg quote post Address this user
Way too dangerous for me!
One week ago an austrian powerlifter died when he was bench pressing the barbell fell onto his neck

Dont take it too easy
Post 11 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwoleMutant
GP is the best chest exercise, EMG and personal experience... It's called guillotine becuase the press comes from neck instead of chest. 225 lb has better results than 275 regular BBBPRESS.

This is not correct. You can't even read data correctly can you? The article you're referencing (here: http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/inside_the_muscles_best_chest_and_triceps_exercises ) lists both mean and peak activation for all of the movements. If you would have bothered to read the difference between the two, you would have noted:

"For this reason I believe that peak MVC is a more important figure. Peak activation is a measurement of the highest point of activation during the repetition.

Still, I believe that mean activation might be more important for bodybuilding purposes in providing constant tension, occlusion, and "the pump," while peak activation might be more important for sport-specific purposes in providing maximum tension at a certain moment for peak force production."

Along those lines, the article goes on to point out:

"Based on this experiment, here are the top three exercises in terms of mean and peak activity for each muscle part:

Upper Pec

Mean: Mid Pulley Crossover, Band Push Up, JC Band Press
Peak: DB Incline Press, Guillotine Press, JC Band Press

Mid Pec

Mean: DB Bench Press, Floor Press, Fly
Peak: Guillotine Press, DB Bench Press, Fly

Lower Pec

Mean: Weighted Dip, Blast Strap Push Up, Guillotine Press
Peak: Guillotine Press, Fly, Weighted Dip

-3X
Post 12 IP   flag post
Overall its the best chest exercise 2 times top mean and one more time second after db incline, there are not any other exercise that dominates the first place so many time, don't care if its for PURE mass or also sport functionally power, bottom line is a very good exercise and I saw tons of results from it In strength and growth.
Post 13 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Overall its the best chest exercise 2 times top mean and one more time second after db incline, there are not any other exercise that dominates the first place so many time, don't care if its for PURE mass or also sport functionally power, bottom line is a very good exercise and I saw tons of results from it In strength and growth.

I think people would take you more seriously if you learned how (or took the appropriate amount of time needed) to use proper punctuation.

Periods are your friends, you should use them. It's hard to take someone serious when they can't take the time to make a structured paragraph.

Just my $0.02

But on topic, I have never done these, as they just don't seem like a logical movement. They put an unneeded stress on the shoulders, and if you injure your shoulder, you're going to have a collapsed wind-pipe at the very least. Not my cup of tea. But if you like them, keep on doing them.
Post 14 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
@SwoleMutant WTF are you talking about?? Out of the six "best" exercises listed for mean activation, I see it listed ONCE, with two exercises ahead of it. You seriously don't have clue one about training. -3X
Post 15 IP   flag post
SwoleAnimal private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJT
I heard attempting your bench press 1rm in a guillotine position without a spotter is probably the best chest exercise possible. Try it.

And make sure to do thumbless grip for max gains
Post 16 IP   flag post
Hewy007 private msg quote post Address this user
biggest troll on SS right now
Post 17 IP   flag post
MrMailliw private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Once. Seriously man, if you cannot even count past 1 how do you expect anyone to take you seriously?

You just seem to be on here to start arguments, not discussions.

P.s. Nord has it so right, it's like reading what I imagine a hyperactive dog would sound like if it could read and write.
Post 18 IP   flag post
AustralianOak private msg quote post Address this user
This guy cannot be serious...
Post 19 IP   flag post
jonrivs49 private msg quote post Address this user
Reverse press? Does anyone does that? Just curious
Post 20 IP   flag post
Yes, I do reverse grip occasionally.
Post 21 IP   flag post
@ajones46.. does it really hit the chest as suppose to hit it.. what is the logic behind this reverse grip and what is the benefits or advantage of doing so. Doesnt it hit more of arm than chest?
Post 22 IP   flag post
@jonrivs49 same principle like pulls ups and chin ups
Post 23 IP   flag post
@SwoleMutant.. Thats different. Its a pulling motion. Doing a reverse grip on pulling movement does not limit your arms and flexibility. Reverse grip on a brench press limits your arms into a close grip and bar placement will be on the lower part of the chest. And we all know that close grips is more of tri exercise than chest.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Just like chin ups works the biceps more than pull-ups, reverse BP works the triceps more than reg.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrivs49
@ajones46.. does it really hit the chest as suppose to hit it.. what is the logic behind this reverse grip and what is the benefits or advantage of doing so. Doesnt it hit more of arm than chest?

Mainly just for variety and hitting the chest differently. I do PPL, so I have 2 different push days. Flat, incline and dips and then flat, reverse and cable flyes.

Quote:
Just like chin ups works the biceps more than pull-ups, reverse BP works the triceps more than reg.

Actually it works the triceps less.
Post 26 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
^^Agreed- quite a bit less if done correctly. -3X
Post 27 IP   flag post
@ajones46 @eknight would it not just stress the long head rather than the lateral? I thought that any kind of supinated push or pull down did this.
Post 28 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
In general, pressing movements do very little for the long head. Because it originates on the scapula, and not the humerus (like the other two heads), extension movements are better for incorporating it. -3X
Post 29 IP   flag post
Ah, makes sense.
Post 30 IP   flag post
340621 34 30
destitute