Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Zyzzst private msg quote post Address this user
Ok so im off at a school for the military, and there is 72 people in my class. The teacher asked for some pointers on being healthy and working out. Here is some of the points people said as well as the teacher.

-you should only consume 1200 to 2000 calories a day to stay fit

-Low reps for muscle, high reps for losing weight.

-bodybuilders are the least flexible people

-bodybuilders dont lift weights right, they just through them around and dont do full ranges of motion and just have big muscles from throwing around really heavy weight.

-bodybuilders cant put 20 pounds on a bar and do any lift slowly and with good form because their muscles will start failing cuz they havent built "stabalizers" lolololol i thought this was the funniest one^^^

-all supplements can be bad for you

-if your plate doesnt look like a rainbow then you arent eating right

-The biggest portion of meat you should ever have is the size of your palm or smaller

WTF WOWWW the instructor is lucky she is wayyyyy higher ranked than me and that i didnt want to embarrass her or the class cuz that lecture was straight ridiculous.
Post 1 IP   flag post
oceanair private msg quote post Address this user
SMDH...
Post 2 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyzzst
-bodybuilders are the least flexible people

Can't argue much here.

Quote:
-bodybuilders dont lift weights right, they just through them around and dont do full ranges of motion and just have big muscles from throwing around really heavy weight.

Have you seen how Bros lift!?

Quote:
-if your plate doesnt look like a rainbow then you arent eating right

I'll show you a fucking Rainbow
Post 3 IP   flag post
_RudeCrew private msg quote post Address this user
My plates be lookin like double rainbows.
Post 4 IP   flag post
KnifeHands private msg quote post Address this user
Jesus leave it to the fucking coasties to say some shit like this
Post 5 IP   flag post
_RudeCrew private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnifeHands
Jesus leave it to the fucking coasties to say some shit like this

Hahahahahahahaha
Post 6 IP   flag post
@KnifeHands right wtf man, it took everything in me to just not flip out
Post 7 IP   flag post
@Zyzzst haha it's alright brother, there are retards everywhere. Just higher concentrations in some places. You should have stood up and said excuse me malm and tactfully blasted her and the rest of class with knowledge. It's fine to correct higher ups as long as its done tactfully. I once corrected a Major as a PFC
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
I once corrected a Major as a PFC

And now he is 2" shorter, and his back is fucked up......
=P
Post 9 IP   flag post
@NorIda Quote:
Originally Posted by NorIda
Quote:

=P

dead......
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

=P

You know what that is from lol.

Actually I was walking along Camp Pendleton and look over to my port side only to see a Major walking and talking on a cell phone, and not only that he is outside in cammies without a cover on. I walked directly up to him while he was still talking and said "Excuse me sir, is it not against Marine Corps order to be walking while speaking on a cell phone? Also is it not against Marine Corps order to be outdoors in uniform without a proper cover?" He let out a huge sigh and frowned. Then said "why yes Private First Class you are correct." I said very well sir, and carried on with a smug look. If your in the military you know how awesome this was.
Post 11 IP   flag post
@KnifeHands hahaha Purely fucking epic.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

=P

Actually I was walking along Camp Pendleton and look over to my port side only to see a Major walking and talking on a cell phone, and not only that he is outside in cammies without a cover on. I walked directly up to him while he was still talking and said "Excuse me sir, is it not against Marine Corps order to be walking while speaking on a cell phone? Also is it not against Marine Corps order to be outdoors in uniform without a proper cover?" He let out a huge sigh and frowned. Then said "why yes Private First Class you are correct." I said very well sir, and carried on with a smug look. If your in the military you know how awesome this was.

I would look at you and shrug you off if i was such higher ranked hahahaha but yes that is pretty epic. I had my uniform inspected and they found one little thread wrong and this officers uniform was terrible and i just wanted to point out all the flaws so bad but im just tryin to get out of here as fast as i can haha
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

=P

I would look at you and shrug you off if i was such higher ranked hahahaha but yes that is pretty epic. I had my uniform inspected and they found one little thread wrong and this officers uniform was terrible and i just wanted to point out all the flaws so bad but im just tryin to get out of here as fast as i can haha

Marine Corps order > Rank. He knew I was right and there was nothing he could do about it. Being a Major is no excuse to be out there lost in the sauce looking all heinous. If anything he should be setting the example.

And it's different when your in schooling or training. It wouldn't be appropriate to correct anyone there. But in the fleet it is a different story. Still not during inspections but random occurrences of seeing disgusting higher ranked personnel, absolutely correct them. Our DIs even told us this in boot.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Trev182 private msg quote post Address this user
oh dear
Post 15 IP   flag post
leanr0x private msg quote post Address this user
Calorie restriction really keeps you longer healthy and fit

And in supplements can be added roids or whatever (there are lists of prooven roidfree supps in the internet)
Post 16 IP   flag post
GGBro private msg quote post Address this user
Calorie restriction ≠ someone saying eat 1200-2000 calories. That doesnt take in account a persons needs or goals. If someone your size ate only 1200 cal a day that would be bad.
Post 17 IP   flag post
dzand001 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

=P

greatest feeling in the world lol had myself a great onecorrect a Major on uniform violation he tore me a new one for correcting him (stupid pilots) so went and told my Chief, safe to say I had that same major at my desk apologizing to me for going off when he was in the wrong.....good ole military lol
Post 18 IP   flag post
jonrivs49 private msg quote post Address this user
@Zyzzst. What did you do?. When people say such thing you just fold your sleeves and flex those muscles..
Post 19 IP   flag post
AKK private msg quote post Address this user
I would argue bodybuilders are prettty flexible. But you cant say someone ia flexible because they bodybuild or vicr versa.

They were probably flexible before bodybuilding
Post 20 IP   flag post
kredson private msg quote post Address this user
Define flexible??
Can I wipe my own ass? YES.
Can I turn myself into a pretzel? NO.
Post 21 IP   flag post
340738 21 21
destitute