Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
ChestFemale Fitness

Working out chest for Bikini Competition11313

Ryc0526 private msg quote post Address this user
I will be competing in my first bikini competition in February 2014. I have several months to prepare to be stage ready, which I'm doing on my own. As I approach closer to my competition date, I plan on eliciting the help from another, as far as teaching me how to "pose." Despite all the research I've been doing on bikini competitions, I can't seem to find a clear cut answer, regarding if a woman's muscle definition in her chest is of up most importance, when it comes to placing in a competition. I have had two breast augmentations, both of which the implants were placed behind my muscle. With my first implants, I had worked out my chest quite a bit and was not pleased with how firm my chest was, due to the result of me working out. This time around, I had gotten larger implants, placing me at a 34ddd and I do not want to work my chest directly, due to the firmness that resulted in my last implants and fear of "bottoming out" my implant. I am aware that judges look for symmetry in muscle definition so I didn't know if I would have the desired look to place in a competition, if I continue not to work out my chest. Any professional input from competitors or fitness trainers would be appreciated. Thanks!
Post 1 IP   flag post
the1 private msg quote post Address this user
so what are you basically saying?

youre afraid to work your chest muscles because your breast implants are too big or what... i dont get it haha, maybe pics ?
Post 2 IP   flag post
NJT private msg quote post Address this user
I'd reccomend sticking to compounds (barbell bench, dumbbell presses, dips, push ups) with a varied rep range. As you've got plenty of time to prepare just ease off if you feel it's not looking or feeling right.
Post 3 IP   flag post
NJT private msg quote post Address this user
As @the1 said pics would be useful though...
Post 4 IP   flag post
I am hesitant to work my chest directly, due to the appearance and feel of a firmer chest, which often results from prolonged chest exercises. I know that a lot of women that lift have breast implants but I'm not looking to chisel my chest. Not only due to aesthetic reasons but also medical. To try to put it simply, when a woman gets implants, the surgeon cuts a pocket for the implants to be placed. When someone "bottoms out", the implant slips below the chest wall. This is an occurrence which can happen to women with larger implants. I had surgery 4 months ago and am clear to lift. It's just that I'm wanting to take precaution from this happening. So, since I don't want to focus on my chest, I didn't know if this would count against me in a competition. It's my understanding that in a bikini competition, the judges are not looking for muscle density. I do know that over all symmetry is important, just wondering if I will be docked points on a less muscular chest. I guess in the way one may be docked points if his/her lower body was not as well developed as it should be.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Thanks for the advice NJT.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Danimal_88 private msg quote post Address this user
@Ryc0526 bikini comps are very subjective, but I would assume it wouldnt be an issue. I have never seen bikini competitors with really chiseled chests.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Thanks Danimal. I guess I'll just keep doing what I'm doing!
Post 8 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Why wouldn't you contact your local NPC judges and ask them this question? That's the best way to get a direct answer to your question. -3X
Post 9 IP   flag post
Eknight, that's a good point. That hasn't even crossed my mind! Thanks!
Post 10 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
No problem. Your state NPC (or whatever fed you're competing in) chairperson should be able to get you contact info. -3X
Post 11 IP   flag post
340733 11 11
destitute