Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Split AdviceTraining ProgramsVolume

Volume JUNKIES GTFIH & RPE Scale - 3DMJ Vid11188

FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
Eric helms explains Volume, Frequecy & Intensity.
What they are?
How you can Apply them ?
RPE Scale what it is and how to use it ?
Auto-Regulation?

9mins Great info.... WATCH IT !!!!!!!

Post 1 IP   flag post
brian12 private msg quote post Address this user
This is going to be a goooood watch - thanks for posting!!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Trev182 private msg quote post Address this user
Will watch this later!!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Here's a bit more on the RPE scale mentioned in the video, plus a neat way to implement it on a PPL routine.

Post 4 IP   flag post
Hiiibbbb private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for this. Im big in volume, frequency and intensity so this was a good watch

I wish he talked more about 15+ reps though. I hit every muscle 3x a week in every rep range
Post 5 IP   flag post
@brian12 Thanks man.. i think i watched this video... i still ind it hard to follow in terms of trying to implement it into every workout would be very time consuming if u get me ??
It's great dont get me wrong.. helps u stay away from failure but might not be needed at this juncture just yet.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@FiremanSi Totally agree. I think its sonething you need to learn to do by feel. But quite a nice system of LLMH ~ interesting way to mix up rep ranges
Post 7 IP   flag post
@brian12 I'd prefer to give my program to them and say here.. sort me out with some RPE banter... here's what i lift. Tell what to do, why and with how much !!
Thing is i'm like a robot in the gym... i do EXACTLY as planned.. weights reps everything to a tee. I need to go with the feeling more and climb outta my head.. this would be conuter productive for me.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@FiremanSi haha i feel you. I love the method matt ogus uses. Say 4 sets of 10 ~ when you can do 10 reps on all 4 sets you up the weight. At a higher weight you may only manage say 10, 9, 8,8 reps and as the weeks pass you will eventually hit 4 sets of ten and then up the weight again. And with all sets keeping good form and not hitting failure. Very simple and effective. Oh ~ same weight used for all sets.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@brian12 Yeah agreed.
What i've done sometimes is... if i can achieve 4x10 go for 3x12 next week, when i get that, 4x12, when i get that, 3x8, 4x8,3x10,4x10,3x12,4x12... after this pont up the weight.. thats the system i use quite a bit.
Post 10 IP   flag post
SwoleAnimal private msg quote post Address this user
This stuff gets really deeep. Will watch later for sure
Post 11 IP   flag post
skullay private msg quote post Address this user
All of Team3DMJ provides great info and present it well, but Eric Helms is the truth!

You can't help but be a little disappointed with the other coaches post. lol
Post 12 IP   flag post
@skullay Haha... Eric helms is the Top Dog alright, Alberto nunez is decent aswell though.. delighted they've taken on Bryce Lewis as a Trainee coach !! His lifts are inspiring !!
Post 13 IP   flag post
@FiremanSi yeah thats a good system. But the RPE scale takes into account how u feel on the day which other methods dont. I might try and implement the LLMH using the RPE system on my LPP routine. I thought about it some more and its not hard to implement. I will choose reps based on if its a LM or H day and then work my way up to the desired reps at approx the desired REP level. Then drop the weihht by 5~7% and do as many sets at same reps until i feel i hit the RPE level again. So quite easy to implement I think. Anyway ill give it a go^^
Post 14 IP   flag post
KnifeHands private msg quote post Address this user
BRB bringing my Texas Instruments calculator with me to the gym
Post 15 IP   flag post
Flo1307 private msg quote post Address this user
@KnifeHands graph functions=max gainz haha
Post 16 IP   flag post
rklohe private msg quote post Address this user
@FiremanSi everything you post is pure gold! Thanks for sharing, bud!
Post 17 IP   flag post
@rklohe Anytime brother.
Post 18 IP   flag post
340614 18 18
destitute