Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
ChestShoulders

Dumbbell chest press weight vs shoulder pres11106

Trickerd private msg quote post Address this user
Hi,I was just wondering. if I'm doing incline chest press with dumbbells (50 pounds each) 3 sets of 12
what should my dumbbell shoulder press be in weight. I know everyone is not the same. and some ppl have more strength in shoulders then chest. but I was just wondering what I should try and keep the weight around. so I do not get one exercise to much above the other. also I can do 3 sets of 10 with 60 pound dumbbells on chest press incline. but been sticking to the 50s since my shoulder press is at 40s. thanks for any tips and help guys. (:
Post 1 IP   flag post
MCarey private msg quote post Address this user
Go hard as you can in my opinion! Your shoulders need to grow as much as your Chest and your chest is a bigger muscle whereas your shoulders have different areas, personally I find accessory work for shoulders just as important as the shoulder press!

I get more out of front/lateral raises especially super setted with shoulder press!
Post 2 IP   flag post
igg private msg quote post Address this user
My shoulder press has always been about 10kg less than my chest press. There isn't a "should" on this, it is what it is
Post 3 IP   flag post
Trickerd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCarey
Go hard as you can in my opinion! Your shoulders need to grow as much as your Chest and your chest is a bigger muscle whereas your shoulders have different areas, personally I find accessory work for shoulders just as important as the shoulder press!

I get more out of front/lateral raises especially super setted with shoulder press!
Thank you bro. the tips mean a lot. (:
Post 4 IP   flag post
340750 4 4
destitute