Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
InspirationMotivationNewbieTraining Programs

Bad Day11086

FitForForty private msg quote post Address this user
Hey, So I'm new to this weight lifting lark, im fat(ish) and I'm weak (struggle to do 40kg on chest press machine)

Started going to the gym 2 weeks ago, started 3rd week today and I knew when biking to work today was going to be hard. It was, after a bit of cardio and a few reps of squats, Shoulder Press and skull crushers I started to fade badly, couldnt keep up with my gym mate and had to do lower weights to finish sets, really didnt enjoy it today. Do you have days like this? Just a bad day or am I not resting enough or not fuelling myself properly. Now Im on a downer and not looking forwad to Wednesday session.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Danimal_88 private msg quote post Address this user
@FitForForty yea man, we all have bad days. I wouldn't sweat it, just stay on the grind and the results will come.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Devil82 private msg quote post Address this user
if just just started training after a long while, lower the intensity on cardio, that will sap your strength. Friend of mine was trying to loose weight, started running firstly, ended up with swollen knees. more weight first then add cardio later
Post 3 IP   flag post
4real private msg quote post Address this user
dw i use to struggle doing 30kg bench im near 50kg now (47.5) dw youll get stronger
Post 4 IP   flag post
JDominiqueS private msg quote post Address this user
Don't sweat it man, just keep working out, eat right and enough (even when you're trying to lose weight) sleep enough and you'll get there dude. I too used to be 65 kg heavy with 1.9 m tall and a year and a half later I am 83 kg and a lot stronger. If a skinny shit like me could do it.. EVERYBODY can.

Some more motivation dude ;-)

Post 5 IP   flag post
Highdeas private msg quote post Address this user
Everyday is a bad day until I get to the gym.. After that it's all uphill
Post 6 IP   flag post
tenax private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by FitForForty
Hey, So I'm new to this weight lifting lark, im fat(ish) and I'm weak (struggle to do 40kg on chest press machine)

Started going to the gym 2 weeks ago, started 3rd week today and I knew when biking to work today was going to be hard. It was, after a bit of cardio and a few reps of squats, Shoulder Press and skull crushers I started to fade badly, couldnt keep up with my gym mate and had to do lower weights to finish sets, really didnt enjoy it today. Do you have days like this? Just a bad day or am I not resting enough or not fuelling myself properly. Now Im on a downer and not looking forwad to Wednesday session.

First of all, clue #1 was "I knew when biking to work today was going to be hard." That can indicate inadequate rest, inadequate sleep, a cold that hasn't shown symptoms yet, inadequate diet like carb intake/timing too low, or even reactive hypoglycemia. The rapid fading during workout is just another manifestation of the same thing. Also have your doc check T levels which if low will impact recovery and drive.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Tyjaws private msg quote post Address this user
@fitforforty the important thing is that you got in there and still hit it as hard as you could. 1/2 the people out there would have said "no feeling it, and went home." Be proud of yourself man, you overcame an obstacle today, you pushed through when others would have quit. It's hard when you first start out man believe me I was there, I had a bmi of over 40. Trust me, the best thing you can do is keep showing up. No matter what just keep showing up and things will change for you. The one thing I did not like about your post is that you compared yourself to your partner. His journey is different than yours. Every ones fitness quest is unique and individual, and cannot be compared to one an other. Beat yourself, compete against yourself, and you will unknowingly rise above those whom you used to occupy your mind with. Keep up the good work man. Fight!
Post 8 IP   flag post
oceanair private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highdeas
Everyday is a bad day until I get to the gym.. After that it's all uphill

THIS
Post 9 IP   flag post
340615 9 9
destitute