Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Danimal_88 private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys,

I read up on this strength progression program a little bit ago at clickable text

I am thinking about implementing it in the coming months, anyone have any experiences with it? If you have, please let me know how your experience went.
Post 1 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Have a buddy who tried it. He bailed after 6 weeks and went back to Westside. It doesn't appear to me to offer any benefits over a standard conjugate program like WSBB. -3X
Post 2 IP   flag post
@eknight thanks for the info! I am just searching around for a strength program that i can use in a rotation with my more bodybuilding specific Lower/Push/Pull routine. Any suggestions? I am assuming you are a fan of WSBB
Post 3 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
I love WSBB, but after this meet in August I'm thinking I'll run RJ's PHD4 routine. Maybe have a look at it. -3X
Post 4 IP   flag post
Nyko private msg quote post Address this user
Why not take a shot at your own? You've dabbled enough programs to build loading schemes for progressive overload and TUT practice.

IDK why I felt the need to post that and not say it at the house.

Reality you would be doing something similar that RJ did with PHAT training in compounding training principles and progressive overload on a customized routine. (This comment is in no way to discredit any ones account of work or conventional ideas.)
Post 5 IP   flag post
@Nyko I hear ya, but I can either dabble with my own stuff and take 6-10 months to create a program that pretty much matches a strength program or I could just use a proven strength program. My lower/push/pull routine is pretty custom to fit my needs but when i comes to strength progression I would rather use a program designed by an expert
Post 6 IP   flag post
Nyko private msg quote post Address this user
Diddler not a dabbler
Post 7 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
^ahhahah
Post 8 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
@OP- I am not sure but Brandon Lillly Is pretty much a genus when it comes to training, I like all his stuff.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyko
Diddler not a dabbler

whoa whoa whoaaaaaaa, as I may recall ive heard you used to dabble in the diddlin when you were younger as well
Post 10 IP   flag post
craig private msg quote post Address this user
I'm currently six weeks into the cube method, really enjoying it and its added a lot of variety to my workouts. I'm not benefiting from it fully as i'm cutting but my strength has improved on everything I think, I won't max out till the end but I feel good about it. I'll probably run another ten weeks whilst bulking before getting back to a more bodybuilding style.
Post 11 IP   flag post
@craig thanks
Post 12 IP   flag post
_RudeCrew private msg quote post Address this user
I like the Cube Method
Post 13 IP   flag post
craig private msg quote post Address this user
I have the ebook if anyone wants it.

Also I'd reccomend joining the page on Facebook it's pretty decent
Post 14 IP   flag post
Tyjaws private msg quote post Address this user
I ran the cube and had poor results. While i broke rep prs constantly, i felt like there was a lack of focus on the actual lifts. All my lifts went down. However i friend of mine(on gear) who ran it simultaneously had great results and all his lifts went up. I felt there wasnt enough volume.
Post 15 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyjaws
I ran the cube and had poor results. While i broke rep prs constantly, i felt like there was a lack of focus on the actual lifts. All my lifts went down. However i friend of mine(on gear) who ran it simultaneously had great results and all his lifts went up. I felt there wasnt enough volume.

If I recall correctly @op had similar results with the juggernaut method!

He increased his Workload capacity, but not so much his 1Rm
Post 16 IP   flag post
Tyjaws private msg quote post Address this user
whats the flaw, in these programs that allows for that to happen? I guess rep work increases strength endurance not max strength, and i know most of these programs are based on overall poundage, but why doesnt it trnslate? not trying to thread jack my b
Post 17 IP   flag post
@Tyjaws the programs are created to build strength. Both programs like 5/3/1 and juggernaut build strength its just they do it through different mechanisms. Juggernaut builds it through increasing work capacity and strength in higher rep ranges where 5/3/1 sticks to building strength in the lower rep ranges. Either way you are building strength. Right now I am using my own program to realize my strength gains through juggernaut for 1rm.
Post 18 IP   flag post
340762 18 18
destitute