Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
ChestMuscle ImbalanceSplit Advice

My chest is retarded10934

Hiiibbbb private msg quote post Address this user
Alright so currently my max bench is probably about 155 while my deadlift is up to 335...
I've always had a hard time gaining chest strength and just don't know hat the hell to do anymore. All my other body parts have a great routine but when I train chest you could just see me in the gym and tell I don't know what the fuck I'm doing.
I don't know whether its because I'm unable to lock out my arms ( I've only ever been able to straighten them about 80%) or what's wrong.

My new split lets me train chest twice a week and just hoping someone can give me some advice because my chest and shoulders are lagging bad
Post 1 IP   flag post
tamere01 private msg quote post Address this user
My advice= sort out your problem regarding the inability to fully lockout your arms before worrying about your chest. Imo that's much more important.

secondly maybe post you current chest routine to make it easier for the more knowledgeable guys to help you out
Post 2 IP   flag post
I can't lockout my arms without surgery
Post 3 IP   flag post
tamere01 private msg quote post Address this user
ahh howcomes?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Just born that way I suppose.. I've tried stretching them everyday and even laying down and letting them hang but they just fall sleep. I know it would really help me progress if I could extend them all the way
Post 5 IP   flag post
eventheodds1 private msg quote post Address this user
@Hiiibbbb Chest training is actually pretty tricky.

A lot of people bench and their goal is to move the weight from point a to point b.

However if you want a big chest, you need to focus on contracting the chest with the weights which does not require full lock out.
Post 6 IP   flag post
KnifeHands private msg quote post Address this user
I would inbox @the1 and ask him what he did to grow his massive chest
Post 7 IP   flag post
4real private msg quote post Address this user
I think lock out problem may have held you back in regards to strength.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Hamersmash private msg quote post Address this user
@Hiiibbbb

A quote from Arnolds Autobiography on training with Sergio Olivia:

"He had a number of unusual techinques that i could pick up. He did his bench press as half reps without ever locking out his elbows. That kept full tension all the time on the pectoral muscle, and he had beautiful full pecs."

Your inability to lock out your arms has little to nothing to do with your pectoral development - What is your chest workout in full at the moment as bench only could be the issue.
Post 9 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
^ @the1 does partial reps on bench too. His chest is doing OK I think.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Currently don't have one laid out tbh I've been just going in and hitting it as hard as I can :/
Post 11 IP   flag post
Tyjaws private msg quote post Address this user
hey man,if you really wanna get your chest up, i say get the frequency up. My chest has come up along way since doing bench 3x a week (i been running the sheikobprograms for months), same with any body part really
Post 12 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiiibbbb
Currently don't have one laid out tbh I've been just going in and hitting it as hard as I can :/

There's your problem, you're halfassing it, so you're going to get halfassed results

You can't bitch about the results you didn't put the work into

Get on a program and work towards progressive overload.

And focus on your diet

I'm sure this makes me sound like a dick, but I'm just keeping it real.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Zyzzst private msg quote post Address this user
Locking out has nothing to do with gaining mass in your chest. I never lockout unless I'm reracking the weight. Constant tension on the muscle is what will cause it to grow
Post 14 IP   flag post
ajones46 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorIda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiiibbbb

There's your problem, you're halfassing it, so you're going to get halfassed results

You can't bitch about the results you didn't put the work into

Get on a program and work towards progressive overload.

And focus on your diet

I'm sure this makes me sound like a dick, but I'm just keeping it real.

Nope, truth hurts sometimes.
Post 15 IP   flag post
340752 15 15
destitute