Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Split AdviceTraining Programs

any advanced users run HST?10884

Jelet private msg quote post Address this user
did you like it?

seems hard for me to grasp.. that you only do 2-3 sets per body part 3x a week with rest time under 1 minute and 10-15 rep range...

i can understand if it was like a heavy routine where you take 3 minute+ rest between sets and keep the rep range very low... but this is the opposite almost. hard to understand how u can make gains on it... but iv heard some good things about this program..

anyone ever run it?(people whov been lifting for 2+ years) results?

My actual plan is to combine HST with phat. I plan on removing the chest hypertrophy day/chest power exercise(on phat) and spreading it out to 3 sets 3x a week in the 8-12 rep range with 1 minute rest. same with shrugs and ab work. just 3 sets 3x a week.

since i cant go heavy any more for my chest and my exercises are limited, thinking about just doing this and see where it takes me.
Post 1 IP   flag post
jonrivs49 private msg quote post Address this user
I havent done this HST.. But in my experience. i am really a fan of doing heavy weights in the 6-8 rep range. Since There are a never ending discussion on high reps low weights, low reps high weights. So I incorporate to try it myself and shift my reps somewhere in 10-20 range for me to find out what really works for me. I actually got great gains doing higher reps.
Post 2 IP   flag post
TyrannosaurusFlex private msg quote post Address this user
@flexdec has run it, PM him
Post 3 IP   flag post
AustralianOak private msg quote post Address this user
This ^^^, it really does increase your 5 rep max he said and quite significantly increases mass
Post 4 IP   flag post
SwoleAnimal private msg quote post Address this user
I came in expecting HST to be an anabolic substance
Post 5 IP   flag post
leanr0x private msg quote post Address this user
Cluster hst rocks!
Post 6 IP   flag post
AverageJoe private msg quote post Address this user
my strength increased so much on HST its unbelievable..
but my body was completely smashed after those 6 weeks i should have deloaded instead of trying to run it a second time hahahhaha
i plan on doing it again when im done with my cut
i wouldnt be able to do it on a deficit

as far as mass gain... i think i lost fat while on it but my bodyweight stayed the same. I saw my body changing day after day
Post 7 IP   flag post
Jelet private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flexdec
but my body was completely smashed after those 6 weeks i should have deloaded instead of trying to run it a second time hahahhaha

as far as mass gain... i think i lost fat while on it but my bodyweight stayed the same. I saw my body changing day after day
As far as Abs and Trap isolation work goes, how many sets, rep range, and how many times a week did you do them? Also which exercises? And rest times as well i will be curious.
Post 8 IP   flag post
AustralianOak private msg quote post Address this user
I was also wondering, do you train to faliure on this routine?
Post 9 IP   flag post
AverageJoe private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelet
Quote:
Originally Posted by flexdec

As far as Abs and Trap isolation work goes, how many sets, rep range, and how many times a week did you do them? Also which exercises? And rest times as well i will be curious.

2 sets each of 6 to 12 reps 3x times a week. I did hanging leg raises with ankle weights. rest time-> pretty much 1 min to 2 min depending on the rep range
Post 10 IP   flag post
340621 10 10
destitute