Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Chest

How to sculpt the chest?10854

Gains private msg quote post Address this user
Alright so pressing thickens the chest. I know this much. What I'm curious about is the widening. Do flys widen the chest or just give that prominent line on the outside? Or is it the grip you take on the barbell that give you width?
what can help me close the gap on my lower chest?

Also what's your take on doing upper back on shoulder day?
Post 1 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
The shape of your chest can not be changed. It's determined at birth by your genetics. All you can do is make it grow.

Back and shoulders can be done together, just depends on the routine and your goals. I do chest, back, and shoulders on the same day twice a week. -3X
Post 2 IP   flag post
@eknight I kind of agree to some point on not being able to change chest but I've been able to widen mine a bit where it's been lacking. But I've been doing wider grip on bench and flys and just wonder which one it is that's workin for me
Post 3 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Trust me you haven't been widening it. It's simply been filling out. A muscle's shape is determined by how and where it attaches at its points of origin and insertion. You can't change those points, thus you can't change the way it is shaped. -3X
Post 4 IP   flag post
@eknight alright. then What does taking a wider grip on bench do? Just work more of the outside of the chest than inside? And If that's true I guess dumbbell work is the best for hitting the inner part
Post 5 IP   flag post
AverageJoe private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gains
@eknight alright. then What does taking a wider grip on bench do? Just work more of the outside of the chest than inside? And If that's true I guess dumbbell work is the best for hitting the inner part
you cannot target inner/outer part. This is broscience bullshit. The whole chest contracts or it doesnt. Wider grip will put less pressure on the triceps
Post 6 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Seriously, listen. You can not work "parts" of the chest. It's a single muscle that can not be worked in pieces or have emphasis added to areas. It either contracts or it doesn't. No inner, no outer, no upper, no lower. -3X
Post 7 IP   flag post
Swift private msg quote post Address this user
It only feels like its working different parts cos when you widen your grip it stretches your front delts at the point where it ties in with your pecs making you feel like its hitting your "outer chest"
Post 8 IP   flag post
Jayatfc11 private msg quote post Address this user
@eknight when you are doing chest, shoulders and back in the one day do you do more reps for the back than the chest? It's just I seen FiremanSi say this on @MCarey log before!
Post 9 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
@Jayatfc11 yeah, usually 6-8 working sets for chest totaling 60 or so reps, and 13-15 sets for back and shoulders, totaling around 120 reps. -3X
Post 10 IP   flag post
pandasashi private msg quote post Address this user
lol...asks a stupid question, gets an answer. asks the same question in different words, gets the same answer. may as well ask again...
hey @EK, how do I hit the area right around my nips?
Post 11 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
@pandasashi

-3X
Post 12 IP   flag post
MCarey private msg quote post Address this user
@eknight I lol'd pretty loud at that
Post 13 IP   flag post
LOL
so will that give me the striated look im looking for or will it give me that puffy steroids look?
I just want to sculpt my chest so nicely that everyone will be mirin hard
Post 14 IP   flag post
jonrivs49 private msg quote post Address this user
Whoow.. another chest question by the same person.. AM i in the twilight zone?..
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrivs49
Whoow.. another chest question by the same person.. AM i in the twilight zone?..

right?!
Post 16 IP   flag post
OptimusPrime private msg quote post Address this user
Synthol.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Hamer93 private msg quote post Address this user
Lift weights, eat lots, lift weights, eat less and see what happens
Post 18 IP   flag post
340624 18 18
destitute