Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
ChestShouldersSplit Advice

No chest, no delts, push movements of pc10752

SwoleAnimal private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone else have a terrible chest and deltoids? They just wont grow and plus...I suck at all pressing movements. The only thing that grows is my back and arms
Post 1 IP   flag post
AustralianOak private msg quote post Address this user
Not me personally but my mate is shit at pressing awesome at pulling and it shows
Post 2 IP   flag post
yea you've got incredible pecs and delts! One day ill be there man haha. I've been at this thing for a few years now and still look very flat from the front and huge from the side. I've just recently been able to bench 225 for 6 reps with diligent effort.
Post 3 IP   flag post
the1 private msg quote post Address this user
what is your issue with it? why do you suck at it? what do you currently do and how many times a week for delts/chest?
Post 4 IP   flag post
I've had rotator cuff and wrist issues, but I have succesfully rehabilitated my shoulder and I now use wrist wraps. Those helped a ton. I usually hit chest/delts twice a week.

-Chest-
Bench press x3
Weighted dips x3
Cable flys x3
DB press flat x3

-Delts-
Lateral raises x6
Reverse pec dec x5
Post 5 IP   flag post
AustralianOak private msg quote post Address this user
Mmmmmm y u have no shoulder press???
Post 6 IP   flag post
I've heard a few times that anterior delts get fried hard from chest day so it would be more beneficial to focus on the medial and rear heads when training shoulders
Post 7 IP   flag post
I just now realized that there are two different people with black and white photos of Arnold in ITT. I thought it was the1 the whole time lol
Post 8 IP   flag post
T1no1 private msg quote post Address this user
I did delts twice a week military press laterial and reverse with dumbells
Post 9 IP   flag post
I think capped, rounded and full delts create that complete appearance that I wish to achieve. My chest is bad...but my delts never grew and it looks odd. Very self conscious about it
Post 10 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
My guess would be you aren't actively recruiting the chest while doing your pressing movements.

You've mentioned your arms are easy to grow, so you probably bench with your triceps.

Delts, More volume. Dont be a weightlifter, be a bodybuilder.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Widening my grip may help take triceps out of the picture. I'm going to try that and really focus on the chest. For delts I'm going to increase my volume and frequency and see how it responds. Time for bolder shoulders!
Post 12 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
@SwoleAnimal When Doing Bench press, set your hands where you want them, then really focus and driving your hands together throughout the entire set. It will keep your chest contracted and will burn like a mofo.

Do it with a lighter weight, with a 4 second negative, and a 1 second contraction, shoot for 8 reps.
Post 13 IP   flag post
@NorIda Awesome advice. Looking forward to going in on chest day this week and applying this technique. I kind of feel the difference while squeezing the edge of my desk here at work.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Hewy007 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorIda
@SwoleAnimal When Doing Bench press, set your hands where you want them, then really focus and driving your hands together throughout the entire set. It will keep your chest contracted and will burn like a mofo.

Do it with a lighter weight, with a 4 second negative, and a 1 second contraction, shoot for 8 reps.

This!

I found really emphasizing the negatives on my lagging lifts helps me a lot. I was shooting for 4 second negative when i was doing my db shoulder press and db lateral raises and that shoulder workout felt like no other!
Post 15 IP   flag post
ajones46 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorIda

I recently started doing this with barbell bench press (I normally use DB), and seriously had to take 40-50lbs off the bar than if I were just pushing the weight.
Post 16 IP   flag post
jonrivs49 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwoleAnimal
Anyone else have a terrible chest and deltoids? They just wont grow and plus...I suck at all pressing movements. The only thing that grows is my back and arms
happened to me.. I have a weak chest.. What i did is i experiment. doing different program and giving it 3 months and see what works for me.. I found out high reps/moderate weight in the range somewhere in 10-20 where my body react. in chest slow negatives and touch those chest. I am really big fan of low reps high weights. Everyone loves to get stronger. But sometimes you got to set aside your ego and find what works for you first. Then after that you can get back to power/strength training and hypertrophy days.
Post 17 IP   flag post
OptimusPrime private msg quote post Address this user
I'm gonna come at this from a different angle and advise heavy arse deadlifts and powershrugs.
Post 18 IP   flag post
340733 18 18
destitute