Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
ChestSplit Advice

endurance issues10613

maxsampson private msg quote post Address this user
So I struggle with endurance especially on chest day. I'll do 1-2 sets of flat BP for 8 reps, and after that I struggle to get past 4, even if I take quite a bit of weight off. Plus then I move on to incline or flyes and I'm completely shot from flat BP. Maybe I should start by increasing my calories (I'm currently not tracking...yeah yeah I know). Seems like it's mostly chest that gives me problems, but I'm wondering if it is more a mental block than a physical issue. The weight I lift hasn't been going up much either. Any advice?
Post 1 IP   flag post
IrishGymSheep private msg quote post Address this user

Lower weight.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Swift private msg quote post Address this user
Mental block most probably, get a spotter but only use him in the event you drop the weight on yourself, so test your limits and don't be afraid to fail.

Also Elliott hulse has a video on grinding out more reps on the bench and he basically says that gripping the bar as tight as you possibly can, forces different muscle fibrea all up your arm and into your chest to activate, I mean, if you don't believe it, hold your hand out and try and make a really tight fist while keeping the rest of your arm relaxed...doesn't happen, so give that a go
Post 3 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
How long are you resting between sets? My just need to wait a bit longer in between.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Trev182 private msg quote post Address this user
Drop the weight a bit...
Post 5 IP   flag post
TyrannosaurusFlex private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishGymSheep

Cheryl Cole <3
Post 6 IP   flag post
340617 6 6
destitute