Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
PHATSplit Advice

Double Power for PHAT legs10424

Highdeas private msg quote post Address this user
Quick rundown as usual. Bulking for the last 4+ months, doing PHAT, loving the gains, especially upper body gains. Legs, not so much. I want to put on some serious mass on dem wheels. I know it hasn't been long but I'm thinking this might be a good idea, just looking for some opinions. So…

Would it be a good idea to change the hypertrophy leg day to power day as well, that way I could do Quads/Calves Power on 1 day and Hamstring/Glute/Calves Power on the other?

I appreciate the help/feedback
Post 1 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
You realize you grow more from hypertrophy than strength training, right???
Post 2 IP   flag post
oh then i must be dumb, i thought it was the other way lol.. so maybe hypertrophy both days with the same type of split: quads/calves hams/glutes/calves or not worth it?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Swift private msg quote post Address this user
Strength training gives you the ability to lift heavier for hypertrophy and also helps other parts of the muscle bodies (that don't quite get stimulated from hypertrophy training) grow as well so it's even more advantageous to incorporate both.

T nation had an article on strength training for growth:
T Nation Article
Post 4 IP   flag post
will check it out..i guess i'll stick to the power/hypertrophy method, I'm just being impatient i guess

thanks again
Post 5 IP   flag post
Swift private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highdeas
will check it out..i guess i'll stick to the power/hypertrophy method, I'm just being impatient i guess

thanks again

Haha aren't we all
Post 6 IP   flag post
340621 6 6
destitute