Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Female FitnessPush Pull LegsSplit AdviceTraining Programs

PPL SPLIT10372

Misseuro private msg quote post Address this user
Hi guys can somebody please provide me with an effective push pull leg work out routine. I've come across a few by just browsing, however I'm a little confused on which to go by as this is my first time doing this split.

I was thinking of incorporating a day focusing on glutes and hamstrings only (because I want to really improve on that area)and a day for abs to go along with the PPL as I believe the split doesn't include any abdominal work outs. Please let me know what you think, much appreciated
Post 1 IP   flag post
Swift private msg quote post Address this user
I've just posted a link to mine in this thread

http://forum.simplyshredded.com/topic/10337/some-question-on-ppl-routine/

so feel free to check it out and if you have any questions just ask

As for abs, I've noticed that focusing on holding my core on ALL lifts, especially the compounds, i've severely reduced the stresses on my lower back and my abs feel like ive done 1000 sit ups without actually doing any direct ab work.

In conjunction with that, i'm also practicing stomach vaccuums several times a day. This also helps brace your core and works your transverse abdominals (your internal abdominal muscles) which not only brace your body but also allow you to use your abs a lot more while doing exercises.

Also, by doing any kind of hip flexion (most abdominal work) you tend to tighten your hip flexors a lot to do this which can lead to a variety of problems (i was noticing a lot of this) so stomach vaccuums has really helped me fix this problem and give me better results on my abs and in turn, all my lifts
Post 2 IP   flag post
FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
Chek out matt ogus's version of LPP on youtube. Alot of the versions on this are a manipulation of that one !!
Post 3 IP   flag post
@Swift thank you, it looks good to me but are these work outs you've included in areas YOU need improvement on?

Because I haven't been lifting for too long so I don't know how right it would be for me to go by this workout and copy it step to step
Post 4 IP   flag post
Also I'm confused with the A and B, is that suppose to be A for week one, and B for the next? Switching it up like that or? @Swift
Post 5 IP   flag post
Highdeas private msg quote post Address this user
Haven't looked at the thread but I'm guessing he does L/P/P/rest/L/P/P/rest so he's lifting 6 days out of 8. 'A' would be for the first 3 days, 'B' for days 5/6/7 respectively.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Oh yes yes I see. That makes sense! Thank you @Highdeas
Post 7 IP   flag post
Swift private msg quote post Address this user
What @Highdeas said
Post 8 IP   flag post
@Highdeas would you recommend that I go by your split exactly? I checked out matt ogus's version of PPL on youtube and he mentioned that his work outs for for areas that he needs improvement on etc. which would be different to what my body needs obviously?
Post 9 IP   flag post
Highdeas private msg quote post Address this user
You can try both. I would personally tune them to your needs. What people post is either what worked for them or a template to follow. So adjust it to your needs and have fun!!
Post 10 IP   flag post
340735 10 10
destitute