Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
LegsNewbieSplit AdviceTraining Programs

Leg day troubles10365

zogger private msg quote post Address this user
Hey everyone,

So here's my problem:
I love leg day, but also hate it at the same time.
hate it because after 3-4th set of squats i'm feeling terrible: sleepy,yawning and shit, tired , head hurts and want to puke. And that's not once , but every time!
I always finish the workout ,but this feeling lasts until i get home and lay down for like 5-10 mins.

As i said i really love doing legs, but this shit is impossible.
I used to think it's because i used to smoke, but i'm not smoking for a month now, and this shit continues.

Please help
Thanks a lot in advance!
Post 1 IP   flag post
ilifthard private msg quote post Address this user
Stop being a pussy and get your shit together. What's the point of going to the gym if you don't feel the fire? Take a week off of the gym and come back full of power and LIFT SOME HEAVY ASS WEIGHT!

Every time you hit the gym you have to step inside the gym feeling like you're ready to kill otherwise you won't be able to succeed. #BEAST MODE
Post 2 IP   flag post
already did that!
and i can get the puking and headache shit
but what's up with sleepiness and yawning ?!
Post 3 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
Sounds like a nutrition issue. What are your stats: age, height, weight? What's your diet like? How many calories are you getting and what macro breakdown?
Post 4 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by zogger
already did that!
and i can get the puking and headache shit
but what's up with sleepiness and yawning ?!

You're probably not breathing while doing the exercises.
Post 5 IP   flag post
coolguy1993 private msg quote post Address this user
I get sleepy if I rest on a bench for too long, I like to stand up between sets sometimes to avoid it.
I'm always sleepy though
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabemuscular
Sounds like a nutrition issue. What are your stats: age, height, weight? What's your diet like? How many calories are you getting and what macro breakdown?

i'm 23, 5'11 , 160 lbs. currently cutting and getting somewhere around 2300-2400 cals.
i'm eating 1g per pound of protein ,fats 0.25-0.4 g/lb and fill up the remaining cals with carbs.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Highdeas private msg quote post Address this user
I once complained about leg day and was told to stop being a pussy. I now approach leg day with ferocity. When I squat I'm not trying to lift the weight with my legs, I'm trying to push the earth down

Srs

@ OP.. Eat a more energetic meal or take a PWO, no excuses
Post 8 IP   flag post
I am not complaining and i didn't say i will stop! Just asking if there is a reason to this and maybe i'm doing something wrong. Don't see any harm in asking.
Post 9 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by zogger
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabemuscular

i'm 23, 5'11 , 160 lbs. currently cutting and getting somewhere around 2300-2400 cals.
i'm eating 1g per pound of protein ,fats 0.25-0.4 g/lb and fill up the remaining cals with carbs.

How long before a workout is your last meal? Do you use any preworkout supps?
Post 10 IP   flag post
at least an hour before, i take whey with creatine. no preworkout supps. but a solid meal 3-4 hours before.
Post 11 IP   flag post
KnifeHands private msg quote post Address this user
Are you just beginning lifting? I used to get sick when i first started, just chalked it up to not being used to it. I don't feel sick anymore unless I just ate or something
Post 12 IP   flag post
MCarey private msg quote post Address this user
Sometimes with big moves like bench or squat I get all yawny and sleepy! But yawning isn't a sign of sleep its a sign of not enough oxygen! So I've been told! And I hold my breath alot when lifting
Post 13 IP   flag post
i think that may be the case. I will try and work on my breathing. thanks everyone!
Post 14 IP   flag post
brian12 private msg quote post Address this user
@zogger

I would also take a look at your general fitness. If you're not fit, then squats and deads will make you feel like shit, yawn, tired etc etc. I used to have similar feelings a few years ago when my fitness level dropped - that went away when I got properly fit again.

Maybe add in 2 intense sessions of HIIT a week for a while and/or sprints etc, and see if that helps.
Post 15 IP   flag post
KOKOROKO private msg quote post Address this user
i just did my leg WO this morning

and this faggot no good mdrfvcker decided to pass across in front of me while im doing my walking lunges
i was like really of all the space in here you chose to pass here?!!!

grinds my gears
Post 16 IP   flag post
Markovich private msg quote post Address this user
I don't know for how long you have been training hard, but for me, the first 2-3 months of doing squat & leg press etc, I got a huge headache, and lost feeling in both my arms all the time (don't understand why? blood shortage or something wierd)

but it just passed after a few months. Maybe that is the case for you too? Continue to train hard and I am sure that it's just a phase if you understand
Post 17 IP   flag post
Highdeas private msg quote post Address this user
Stop talking about leg day.. Can't make it to the gym today due to a fever
Post 18 IP   flag post
ryan_929 private msg quote post Address this user
I'M HITTING LEGS TOMORROW, YEAHHHHHHHH. Seriously
Post 19 IP   flag post
340733 19 19
destitute