Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
BulkingNewbiePHATTeenTraining Programs

PHAT Modification10192

Pahaver private msg quote post Address this user
I'll start by telling you about myself.

I'm 18 years old and I have been working out for around a year with a partner in the same situation as me who was more chubby and so thanks to his body type is a lot stronger than me and recently I have started working out with a 3rd partner. I was rather underweight when I started I was 5'11.5 (that half an inch is important xD) and 129 pounds. After a year of learning the trade and newbie gains I've managed to get to 175 pounds (Natty ofc) 15-17% BF about. Strength has always been at the core of my training because not only do I believe it greatly helps with progression but because its fun as hell and I'm not doing it to compete so why not experiment . I am currently Bulking for a second year I am on 3200 calories. 320 Brotein 180 carbs 130 Fat. As you can tell I am a big believer of low carb diets.

Right so to my question. I personally believe the reps are bordering hypertrophy if not just hypertrophy (especially the 6-10 reps). I was thinking this was because the power days were upper and lower. I was thinking of changing this to:

Day 1 - Strength - Back/Shoulders/Traps
Day 2 - Strength - Legs/Arms
Day 3 - Strength - Chest/Calves and normal abs
Day 4 - rest/HIIT
Then repeat with Hypertrophy. Also I do HIIT after workouts If I have the energy usually a round robin sort of boxing with 3 people. One punching then holding the bag then short rest x3. then a 1 minute rest then go again 5 times.

Strength day reps not going over 8 and hypertrophy normally within 8-12 range. I also would add in a speed exercise in each workout/body part (which I normally do anyway).
I was wondering 1. Whether this routine would be good and 2. Whether I had got the wrong idea (being a newbie and all) and my idea of strength reps is wrong. Or there has been a mistranslation on my end as although it is called power (Force * Velocity) hypertrophy its seems to be more of a strength routine with power linked into the hypertrophy days.

Right now I do HIT Yates style and am looking for something new I want to train body parts twice a week as I did this when I was first starting for my bird chest and it worked great.

Any information on what I have posted would be highly appreciated and thanks in advance. I am welcome to knew knowledge as I am still learning and probably always will be so don't hold back on calling me out.
Post 1 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahaver
320 Brotein 180 carbs 130 Fat. As you can tell I am a big believer of low carb diets.


You lost me here.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Pahaver private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorIda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahaver
320 Brotein 180 carbs 130 Fat. As you can tell I am a big believer of low carb diets.


You lost me here.


How so? The high protein or the low carbs?
Post 3 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
Both. And too much fat.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Pahaver private msg quote post Address this user
@NorIda
From what research I have done and through what I thought to be logic (haha) I decided to eat like how I believed our body is adapted for. Carbs I believe are very useful to high stress activity, because of glycogen stores in the and stores in the muscle, such as working out therefore 1-2 meals before a workout and 1 or 2 meal after I heavily take in carbs however for the rest of the day I fuel my body via fat and protein much like our ancestors would of had to. Again feel free to call me out.
Post 5 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
Yea, Its a Paleo approach to eating.. The logic is flawed in numerous ways.

Simply because they ate like that, doesn't mean we should.
Post 6 IP   flag post
4real private msg quote post Address this user
Lower protien by 100g and fat by 30 increase carbs by like 170 trust me on this!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Pahaver private msg quote post Address this user
I also think alot of it flawed, thus why I eat complex carbs something which they wouldn't of been able to get hold of very easy. I just try to eat clean and I believe that Fat is more useful to fueling the body during common day to day routines.

As you say there are flaws but I'm sure people could call out flaws in anything nutritional. All I know is I have a lot more energy and its working.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Pahaver private msg quote post Address this user
All my Fat is from things such as a table spoon of oil for my eggs and ofc the eggs themselves, From low fat milk my mass gainer itself has a reasonable amount in and from nuts and the odd scoop of peanut butter. And ofc I get little amount from my meat.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Pahaver private msg quote post Address this user
@4real
The issue with this even if I wanted to do this, I do not like to eat carbs for 2 meal before bed and being at school I have very strict times to eat. I find it hard to eat at breakfast and so it is very hard to get carbs in here. The meal I have at break is as big as it can be at the minute as I just cannot eat more also there is a time scale. I currently have carbs in 3 of my meals and I am forcing myself to the limit with my eating. I am an ecto and find it difficult to eat.
Post 10 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahaver
@4real
The issue with this even if I wanted to do this, I do not like to eat carbs for 2 meal before bed and being at school I have very strict times to eat. I find it hard to eat at breakfast and so it is very hard to get carbs in here. The meal I have at break is as big as it can be at the minute as I just cannot eat more also there is a time scale. I currently have carbs in 3 of my meals and I am forcing myself to the limit with my eating. I am an ecto and find it difficult to eat.


Thats nothing but excuses right there.

How badly do you want to make progress?

High fat diets can have negative effects in digestion and body composition.

Carbs are your friend, accept it.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Pahaver private msg quote post Address this user
@NorIda
As I said, that is if I wanted to do it, luckily for me I don't want to anyway.
Post 12 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
Then why do you come to a forum, asking for a critique/advice, and not accept anything that is being said?
Post 13 IP   flag post
Flo1307 private msg quote post Address this user
Dude just listen to the advice and stop beeing a little biatch.

You ask for some advice and get some good ones.
Post 14 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
And you're probably doing too much cardio if you're trying to bulk... If you do it 6 times a week like you make it sound
Post 15 IP   flag post
Pahaver private msg quote post Address this user
@NorIda
My main question is about the PHAT program, however I assumed people would want to know this information, to be honest I wasn't really expecting people to comment that much on it. Also, if i took everyones information without arguing it I could end up doing very bad things. In terms of nutrition people aggressively fight there side, being an ecto to get the calories I needed I used more fat than the usual gym rat.

And don't get me wrong I am listening to what your saying and I am taking it in and I am already thinking about how I can increase my carb intake before posting this however, as I said I do not want it as high as the usual diet but I do think my protein intake is rather steep.

Normally I do cardio 2 maybe 3 times a week usually 2.
Post 16 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
Samatotypes are just a marketing scam, They aren't true by any means. To essentially think that Bone structure dictates your bodily functions is quite silly.

There are Published scientific studies that show a 50/30/20 c/p/f breakdown is more efficient and beneficial. I can dig them up at some point if you need them. or hopefully @EK could throw them in. So its not just some bro's opinion. It is a scientific study. Sure you can adjust it accordingly for your needs/routine/diet preference, but being largely out of that margin isn't going to be optimal.
Post 17 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
And I'm not directly answering your training questions, because if your diet is crap, your training regimen isn't going to be able to help

A good diet is better than a good lifting routine, the opposite cannot be said.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Pahaver private msg quote post Address this user
@NorIda
I completely agree and I will definitely look into it.
Post 19 IP   flag post
ajones46 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorIda
And I'm not directly answering your training questions, because if your diet is crap, your training regimen isn't going to be able to help

A good diet is better than a good lifting routine, the opposite cannot be said.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Pahaver private msg quote post Address this user
@ajones46
Thank you for reposting something I just said I agreed with haha.
Post 21 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajones46
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorIda
And I'm not directly answering your training questions, because if your diet is crap, your training regimen isn't going to be able to help

A good diet is better than a good lifting routine, the opposite cannot be said.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Flo1307 private msg quote post Address this user
smells like a quote
Post 23 IP   flag post
Dukenhiemer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorIda
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajones46
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorIda
And I'm not directly answering your training questions, because if your diet is crap, your training regimen isn't going to be able to help

A good diet is better than a good lifting routine, the opposite cannot be said.
Post 24 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukenhiemer
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorIda
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajones46
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorIda
And I'm not directly answering your training questions, because if your diet is crap, your training regimen isn't going to be able to help

A good diet is better than a good lifting routine, the opposite cannot be said.
Post 25 IP   flag post
cassious private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabemuscular
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukenhiemer
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorIda
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajones46
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorIda
And I'm not directly answering your training questions, because if your diet is crap, your training regimen isn't going to be able to help

A good diet is better than a good lifting routine, the opposite cannot be said.
Post 26 IP   flag post
4real private msg quote post Address this user
Okay enough trolling guys , dude IIFYM! Cant you just knock down some snickers or some shit?pack bananas ,blend oats whey fruit honey dedicate a day to make a weeks food! Thats all easy ways to gt in carbs! If you have to drink sugary beverages! Common man i knock down 300g of oats for break fast...
Post 27 IP   flag post
Siakulu private msg quote post Address this user
I understand your viewpoint @Norlda on the whole ecto/endo/mesomorph thing, but you still can't ignore the metabolism of different people. I used to be an "ecto"morph, or had high metabolism, and I could eat 3,000kcals and not gain any weight, so I kept forcing down more and more food to stretch my stomach out and make space to eat more, and started eating 4000kcals, and then eventually over 5000kcals every day. I went up from 145 to a solid 190....and then to a not so solid 225. This was due to "dirty" bulking, and since I was gaining fat as well as muscle, my metabolism started slowing down, thus making me an "endomorph", slow metabolism. And since I've been portioning my meals differently for these last few months I am now back in the 190's, and I can actually eat a bit more while still losing weight, since I still have some extra fat to lose lol. And yeah, don't be scared of carbs, they're not the culprit, just need to learn the balance of your body.
Post 28 IP   flag post
AverageJoe private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahaver
320 Brotein 180 carbs 130 Fat. As you can tell I am a big believer of low carb diets.


we've lost a man on Nogainsland
Post 29 IP   flag post
340613 29 29
destitute