Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
golagola private msg quote post Address this user
two week in , i feel that the chest doesnt get attention like it need, do u thnik i should put more exersices?
ty
Post 1 IP   flag post
GGBro private msg quote post Address this user
Are you doing Laynes PHAT program found on this site? If so then on hyper days you are doing 150 reps of chest at the higher ranges if followed as listed. Thats all on one day too. Why do you think you arent giving it enough attention?
Post 2 IP   flag post
samirsaleh private msg quote post Address this user
Put it as ur display picture, itl get all our attention
Post 3 IP   flag post
golagola private msg quote post Address this user
@GGBro Quote:
Originally Posted by GGBro
Are you doing Laynes PHAT program found on this site? If so then on hyper days you are doing 150 reps of chest at the higher ranges if followed as listed. Thats all on one day too. Why do you think you arent giving it enough attention?

the chest get 3 exersices same as becip and tricep
not together, chest is bigger muscle than becip or tricep so why it get same ?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Baggy private msg quote post Address this user
Your two weeks in! Keep going and come back to this in a month if you still feel the same.
Post 5 IP   flag post
golagola private msg quote post Address this user
just asked question coz i need your help, u dont have to answer like that and i would be happy if someone will explain why the hand get more attention than the chest ?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Baggy private msg quote post Address this user
My comment wasn't a pop at you, it was just advice.

You haven't been doing the program long enough to evaluate it properly yet. This is just a statement.

You say that you don't 'feel' chest gets enough? Well over two weeks you can't assess this claim because you don't have enough feedback on how your lifts have changed.

You can't compare your stats on day one and day 14, its too short a period. If however by day 40 your other lifts are increasing, while your chest exercises are (proportionally) lagging then yes, you should make some changes.

The program was designed by an expert. Give it time and then assess once you have more information.

Keep it up man!
Post 7 IP   flag post
golagola private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baggy
My comment wasn't a pop at you, it was just advice.

You haven't been doing the program long enough to evaluate it properly yet. This is just a statement.

You say that you don't 'feel' chest gets enough? Well over two weeks you can't assess this claim because you don't have enough feedback on how your lifts have changed.

You can't compare your stats on day one and day 14, its too short a period. If however by day 40 your other lifts are increasing, while your chest exercises are (proportionally) lagging then yes, you should make some changes.

The program was designed by an expert. Give it time and then assess once you have more information.

Keep it up man!

ok ty very much
Post 8 IP   flag post
GGBro private msg quote post Address this user
Well I think you are kinda looking at this in a flawed way.

If you are doing Laynes program the chest gets 4 workouts on hyper day while the biceps and triceps both get 3. But you should probably concentrate more on reps than exercises.

The chest gets 150 reps and the triceps and biceps each get 100 reps each. Thats 30% more reps for your chest.
Post 9 IP   flag post
golagola private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGBro
Well I think you are kinda looking at this in a flawed way.

If you are doing Laynes program the chest gets 4 workouts on hyper day while the biceps and triceps both get 3. But you should probably concentrate more on reps than exercises.

The chest gets 150 reps and the triceps and biceps each get 100 reps each. Thats 30% more reps for your chest.

i am alittle confusing there are 6 exersices for triceps and biceps together how did u count 3 ???
Post 10 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by golagola
@GGBro Quote:
Originally Posted by GGBro

the chest get 3 exersices same as becip and tricep
not together, chest is bigger muscle than becip or tricep so why it get same ?


What version of PHAT are you looking at? I see 2 exercises totaling 5 sets for chest on power day and 1 movement each for biceps and triceps (3 sets each). On hypertrophy day, there's 4 chest exercises, totaling 14 sets, and only 3 exercises (7 total sets) each for biceps and triceps. -3X
Post 11 IP   flag post
golagola private msg quote post Address this user
http://www.simplyshredded.com/mega-feature-layne-norton-training-series-full-powerhypertrophy-routine-updated-2011.html

i am looking at this
3 exersices for bicep 3 for tricep on hyp day
and 4 for chest but the first is not so hard it is speed work 3 rep easy
so the hands get 6 exersices
Post 12 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Just because you find it "easy," doesn't mean it doesn't count. Why would you think that? -3X
Post 13 IP   flag post
golagola private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
Just because you find it "easy," doesn't mean it doesn't count. Why would you think that? -3X

but it still not 150 it is around 130 and i think it easy coz it is 70% of my 100% for 5rep
Post 14 IP   flag post
Highdeas private msg quote post Address this user
Hey EK would it be crazy to add a 6th day to PHAT for chest/calves that way you have Arms (without chest) on its own?
Post 15 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
@Highdeas A whole day for chest flyes and Calve raises? Seems a bit silly to me.
Post 16 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
@golagola I don't think you understand the mehorology behind PHAT.

@Highdeas I wouldn't. -3X
Post 17 IP   flag post
Highdeas private msg quote post Address this user
ok thanks @NorIda & @eknight appreciate the quick responses
Post 18 IP   flag post
golagola private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
@golagola I don't think you understand the mehorology behind PHAT.

@Highdeas I wouldn't. -3X

this is why i asked this question
Post 19 IP   flag post
mikew private msg quote post Address this user
@golagola tbh I don't understand why PHAT calls for "Flat dumbbell presses" instead of barbell bench on Upper Body Power Day. It does seem like there is room for more emphasis on Chest.

I tried PHAT for a short time but switched to PHD4 (RJ Perkins workout). I like PHD4 because there is more emphasis on compound lifts with some hyp stuff thrown in for good measure.
Post 20 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
@golagola the 6 sets of speed bench should not be easy. You should be striving to increase explosive power each week. The objective is to move the bar off the chest as fast as possible and increase bar speed. If you feel like it's too easy, I would advise trying to move the bar faster. At any rate, it's still not an even amount of work between chest and arms, as I pointed out. -3X
Post 21 IP   flag post
golagola private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
@golagola the 6 sets of speed bench should not be easy. You should be striving to increase explosive power each week. The objective is to move the bar off the chest as fast as possible and increase bar speed. If you feel like it's too easy, I would advise trying to move the bar faster. At any rate, it's still not an even amount of work between chest and arms, as I pointed out. -3X

ok i will try to increase the weight coz i do as fastest as i can ty ,
i would like to ask u one more thing can i do box squat on hyp day and power day ?
box squat for hyp?
Post 22 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Grrrrr people who do not listen to the advice they're given. Do NOT increase the weight- increase your speed. The speed days are designed to improve a very specific function and will not be productive in doing so if you are adding too much weight. When I was benching in the 400s I never went above 135 plus band weight for my speed days. Unless you're benching in the high 300s/low 400s, I would advise the same. -3X
Post 23 IP   flag post
Jezza_91 private msg quote post Address this user
2 weeks in give it until 6 weeks or so takes time
Post 24 IP   flag post
340736 24 24
destitute