Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
BulkingPHATPhysiqueProgress PicsProgress Update

Follow Me As I Gain-My Bulk Log10065

KalletSc private msg quote post Address this user
So, it's about that time. After lurking the forums for some time, I've decided to go full throttle with this bulk. With the support, suggestions, and motivation of the SS forums, I am eager to take my physique to a whole new level.

About Me:
My name's Scott Kallet, I'm 19 years old and I have been consistently lifting for nearly three years. As a kid, I was a die-hard wrestler. During high school, I suffered a couple serious knee injuries. On the offseason, I became sedentary and a party animal. I watched as my lanky physique became somewhat chunky. After gaining nearly 60lbs in under a year, I eventually joined the local gym. Over the first year, I became addicted to transforming myself and fitness.

Currently, I just finished my first year of college. I am a Bioengineering/Pre-med Major with aspirations of becoming a physique competitor and sports medicine doctor. I haven't missed a scheduled workout in three years and I love motivating others. I also enjoy watching all of your logs on SS!

More to come shortly guys!
Post 1 IP   flag post

Body/Lifting Stats:

Weight: Currently 170lbs
Bodyfat: Somewhere between 8-10%
Deadlift: 425lbs
Squat: 330lbs
Bench: 275lbs

Main Goals:
-Increase Chest Mass
- Make Drastic Strength Gains in the big 3: Bench, DL, Squat
- Slowly Bulk into the 180's
- Eventually lean out to a solid (7-8%) 175lbs

Overall, I just want any gains I can get.

Current Routine: PHD-4 by RJ perkins.

-I am running this routine for another 2 weeks, then transitioning into a push/pull/legs or another hypertrophy routine.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Massthetics private msg quote post Address this user
good luck OP, may zyzz be with you.

whats ur lifting tracks?
Post 3 IP   flag post
@Massthetics, lol as in music I workout to?

Anyways I'll just answer that. I get on pandora alot...but favorite lifting tracks.

-All that Zyzz electronica music...yes I'm a fan
-Rap: Drake, Kid Cudi, and Wiz Khalifa.

Songs with fast beats in general.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Favorite Song at the moment...Mt Eden- The Walk (Imogen Heap)
Post 5 IP   flag post
BRANDON_12 private msg quote post Address this user
In! Good luck bro, I'm currently bulking so I'm with you!
Post 6 IP   flag post
AverageJoe private msg quote post Address this user
yayy in for mass gainz
Post 7 IP   flag post
Well today is 5/22 and this is still kind of a recovery week. Anyways, in about an hour, I will be hitting a nice little back workout and 15 mins of HIIT.

Lifting:
Weighted Wide Grip Pullups: 4 x (8-12): Bodyweight +45lbs
Barbbell Rows: 15, 10, 8 (135, 155, 185).
Hammer Strength Machine Pullovers: 150lbs: 3 x 8-10.
Hammer Strength Hi-Rows: 3 x 12
Chest Supported T-Bar Rows 3 x 8, with slow negatives (3 45 plates).

HIIT: Set the treadmill to the max incline..30 seconds slow walk at 2.5mph. 30 sec sprint uphill at 7.5-8.0mph. Repeat for a total of 15 minutes.

DONE DEAL!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Diet and Cardio:

***Ok well basically, my TDEE puts me at about 2700 cals per day. But, I have a question..although I workout 6 days a week, I am sedentary the rest of the day..how should I factor this in?***

Anyways, current macros...probably going to change this:

200g-215g of protein a day (which is about 1.2g per/lb)
80-85g Fat
The rest of carbohydrates (This usually ends up between 300-340g's)

Eventually I want to transition to running on 400g of carbs, 160g of protein, the rest fat).

CARDIO: Before every lifting session, I do a low intensity jog or stair mill session for about 15minutes. This just gets me warmed up.

I try to hit atleast 1 or 2 HIIT sessions a week for 15 minutes.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Trev182 private msg quote post Address this user
Good luck man!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Strong pull ups!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Awesome back workout. I feel like really squeezing my back and going lighter really hit my back harder than hitting super heavy weight. 10 mins into my HIIT, I was absolutely murdered lol. Finished off with about 5 minutes of low intensity cardio. Tomorrow's a rest day. Might just hit some core work...that's all. I really can't wait to get after it again on monday.
Post 12 IP   flag post
@flexdec, I remember in one of your logs, you set up a routine to bring up your chest and legs as well. What did you run? I was thinking about cutting to the chase and just starting this Push/Pull/Legs split on Monday.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Well guys, today was kind of like a rest day. Took it easy but still got an effective workout in/hit weakpoints.

-15 Min warmup on stepmill
-Did 3 x 10 Barbbell Shrugs and a Drop set on the last one.
-3x20 Standing calf raises
-2x15 calf raises on the leg press
-Core Work: 50 Hanging leg raises, 50 Machine Crunches, Stomach vacuums, and 3 x 10 ab wheels.

Morning weight of 171.0! In a sense I am doing the PHD-4 split in reverse this week. Went easy monday-thursday..now i feel ready to kill it on friday and saturday which will be power days!
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KalletSc
@flexdec, I remember in one of your logs, you set up a routine to bring up your chest and legs as well. What did you run? I was thinking about cutting to the chase and just starting this Push/Pull/Legs split on Monday.

I don't remember, i've done so much routines...

squatting heavy and sprints really helped me develop huge legs

my chest is really starting to grow insane right now, as we speak
what i do:

2 sets barbell bench press
2 sets incline db press
2 sets dips

3 times a week, and be sure to increase your weight each workout no matter what

thats about it..
Post 15 IP   flag post
Thanks! I guess what it comes down to is the progressive overload and more frequency.

Okay guys it's May 24 and I am feeling fresh again so it's time to hit it hard with a power workout that was supposed to be hit Monday! Anyways...

Upper Power

Deadlifts: I am really going to feel my body out right now. If my back's still not 100% I'll probably go 3 sets of 15 with 225. If I'm feeling good, I'll probably go for a set of 365 x 3-5.

Barbbell Bench: I already hit a light 15 set chest workout earlier this week. Overall, my chest feels fine right now. 2 sets 135 x 15 speed reps, 2 sets of 3-5 power reps, end with 2 sets of 6-10 paused reps to really hit the chest.

Following the big lifts, the rest of this workout will consist of accessory work:

Incline Db Flies: 3 x 12-15 (30lbs)
DB Rows: 120lbs 3 x 8
Wide Grip Lat Pulldowns: 3 x 6-12 (180lbs-205lbs)

-50 Pushups
-50 Narrow Grip Pullups

-2 x 8-12 Rope Curls: 72.5lbs
-2 x BB 21's ..60lbs

- 2 x Tricep Kickbacks (light with a good 'squeeze')
- 2 x Db Overhead extension (8-12) 70lbs.

*Morning weight was 172.5lbs, due to higher sodium. I still feel pretty good though! Ok time to kill it.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Not too bad of a workout. I ended up not hitting deadlifts since tomorrow is leg day. But anyways..I was most satisfied with my barbbell bench sets.

-started with two speed sets of 135.
-Hit 3x3: 225, 225
-Hit some heavy singles and doubles..255 x 2 and 265 x 1.
-Rest Pause reps...2 sets of 6 with 155 (Wow these killed with a slow negative!).

I also did 3 sets of flies with 35lb dumbbells for a great contraction. Then I finished out with 50 pushups. Overall, I hit like 22 sets of chest this week. The first 15 (Monday) wasn't too intense...so I feel great! Through progressive overload and muscle mind connection on accessories...I look to make some great strength/hypertrophy gains to my chest.

Yesterday, I think I went a bit over my calories...so I through in about 15 mins total of HIIT today (Post-wo). 10 mins of treadmill uphill sprints, 2 minute all out burst on the row machine, then 3 mins of light intervals on the eliptical. Just pounded a solid 750 cals..2 more meals to go!
Post 17 IP   flag post
img]http://ca38f2f64c092db1d9fc-186abfcfb693e2b32af73ed969b61012.r66.cf1.rackcdn.com/482707f3058eba2c9e295fd6fe56f3de.jpg[/img]

^^^Me this morning at 172.5 Overall, I feel like I'm holding this weight well.
Post 18 IP   flag post

[/img]
Post 19 IP   flag post
fml....
Post 20 IP   flag post
Are you copy and pasting the image URL???
Post 21 IP   flag post

There ya go bro.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Lol. Thanks! Well yeah there's a 172.5lbs full of sodium and water. I don't think that's too bad though!
Post 23 IP   flag post
Had a leg day today..hit a new PR. 285lbs x 6 reps...probably could've hit a total of 8. But damn was I satisfied. Morning weight: 170lbs. So tomorrow's my rest day, then monday I'll be ready to kill it for 6 more days.

Some short term goals over the next 3 weeks:

-Have an average weekly weigh in of 171lbs (about)
-Deadlift 340lbs x 10 Reps.
-Squat 3 Plates for 5 Reps.
-Continue to perform heavy singles at the end of my chest workout...without overdoing it. Also, continue to throw out the ego on my chest exercises and work for a good stretch/contraction.
Post 24 IP   flag post
4real private msg quote post Address this user
Mirin facial expression.
Post 25 IP   flag post
AlecPiercy private msg quote post Address this user
How many kcals you taking in? Good luck with the bulk, ill be on it soon x
Post 26 IP   flag post
Lol my facial expressions are lame af...I don't know why I do it, but I'll stop! @Alec, about 3050-3100 cals...which is a surplus of about 250-300 cals. It's a slow and steady bulk. So that way, when I decide to cut way down the road...I won't have to go crazy for it. Basically, I'm about 170lbs and 10% bodyfat. My first goal is to be 170lbs and 7-8%. Someday, I would love a completely shredded (6-7%) 175lbs. But that'll take some time. Goodluck bulking!
Post 27 IP   flag post
Well hello guys! My God it has been an eventful three days! Anyways..lets get it...May 26 was a rest day, just partied with a few friends and recovered. My morning weight was 169.0lbs. Anyways...the good stuff!

Monday: Upperbody power (and Deadlifts).
Morning weight- 170.5lbs

Highlight: Deadlifted 340lbs x 7 after having a really heavy leg day on Saturday! Usually I would bail around 5.

Barbbell Bench...260lbs x 2. I plan to slowly work up to 275 x 3.

And here come the best PR's from today!

May 28 (Today)- Squat Power/Lowerbody work

Barbbell squat...315 x 3 (PR!!). Then hit 340 for a single! WOW. Considering the fact that my max squat was 275lbs in October...I am satisfied. I really think I could've hit 315 for 5...

The gains are great guys. Feeling like a tank.
Post 28 IP   flag post
asiantank private msg quote post Address this user
damm you got some beastly stats at your weight
Post 29 IP   flag post
Haha thanks..I guess I am decently strong for my size, but there's thousands of 170lb'ers that blow me out of the water. Just gotta keep on pushing lol.
Post 30 IP   flag post
340752 59 30
destitute