Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
BulkingPHATPhysiqueProgress PicsProgress Update

Follow Me As I Gain-My Bulk Log10065

AverageJoe private msg quote post Address this user
I did something similar in the past.. had some fun, but , dont ask me why (its just the way it is) my strength has increased more doing pure hypertrophy from 6-12 than training in the 1-5 rep range. I've stalled big time on wendler, i guess auxiliary work was too much.
Post 51 IP   flag post
KalletSc private msg quote post Address this user
Wendler's 5/3/1? there's something I don't like about the progression on that program. I feel like some of the sets are almost too easy and it's kind of slower than i feel like i can progress otherwise. Only the deadlift reps really pushed me.
Post 52 IP   flag post
4real private msg quote post Address this user
Bit confused bro on leg strength only strength movement seems to be your squats?
Post 53 IP   flag post
My legs have responded well to progressive overload/low rep sets/heavy singles on squats. But yeah lol...technically that's 6 strength based sets with the heavy single added. I think that's pretty sufficient. Much like what I've been doing now and this year...my 1 rep squat max was 280 in august, now it's nearly 350.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Push pull legs commences here in about 30 minutes! I slept it in hardcore today...so i had to squeeze breakfast in right before lifting (i hate working out on a full stomach but oh well lol). Morning weight of 170.0lbs...only ate like 250 carbs yesterday/2600 cals..which is about maintenance. It's funny though, even 1lb of waterweight less and i can already see my serratus and core better. So after bulking to 175-180...i can only imagine what I will look like shredded up lol.
Post 55 IP   flag post

4real private msg quote post Address this user
@KalletSc seeing as you go school is it just me or do you preform better when like you have no school on the day?
Post 56 IP   flag post
Welll im on summer break now lol. Honestly the performance is the same. During the school year i was more time constraint so i wouldnt be late to classes. My lifts would be super intense and short. The rest time was minimal and i only made small progress in my second semester. Now that it's the summer, im back at home and i have more rest time between sets to hit low rep sets. This past month being home, my squat max has exploded lol. The one good thing about college is, i had alot of people to look up to with bigger builds/ some in better condition than me. I made huge progress the first semester of college when i had more time. Back in highschool i thought i was hot stuff being in better shape than 99% of my classmates.
Post 57 IP   flag post
Sorry guys ive been away. Push pull legs is going great...hit 340 on squat easily lol. But guys...my friend from the army is in town since his grandma died. We went clubbing last night and i drank alot..ended up keeping my cals at maintenance though. How should i go about the rest of the week lol...had like 3 shots of jaegar and a loko
Post 58 IP   flag post
Was thinking about my goals last night once i got to bed..i hadnt been that drunk in like a month or so...but i think i need to really cut that sht out. Woke up at 170.0 fyi lol. Just had some vitamin water and a good breakfast. About to hit the gym.
Post 59 IP   flag post
340621 59 9
destitute