Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
CuttingProgress Pics

Do I have enough muscle for a cut?19308

conraja private msg quote post Address this user
Hey. I'm turning 19 this month and I've been working out for just about a year now.

Curious if I have enough mass to cut or what I should do.

My stats are:5ft 973-75kg

Bench 100kgDeadlift 172.5kgsquat 130kg

https://imgur.com/a/EBnF4Rj

I've been told to bulk and I was thinking that's the better idea too but as it's getting a lot warmer lately I wouldn't mind a small cut followed by a clean lean bulk but I'm not sure I have the muscle for that yet? I see a lot of people be told they don't have enough muscle to cut but also not to bulk as they're above 20% bodyfat.
Post 1 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Nope. But don’t feel bad. If you ever have to ask, them you don’t have enough muscle to cut. -3X
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
Nope. But don’t feel bad. If you ever have to ask, them you don’t have enough muscle to cut. -3X
I appreciate the honesty! The main issue I'm having with that is I'm moving country in 16 days. It's highly likely I'll be able to manage getting enough food for a bulk within the first 2 months of the move. After that it should all be fine.

That's why I was hoping I could cut until that time and then go on a long lean bulk but I'm not sure where to go from here.

Any ideas on what I can do? Sustaining a bulk for the first 2 months won't be possible unfortunately.
Post 3 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Eat an maintenance until you can if you can get enough calories to cut, there’s no reason you can’t get 400-500 more per day to maintain. -3X
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Eat an maintenance until you can if you can get enough calories to cut, there’s no reason you can’t get 400-500 more per day to maintain. -3X
I'll be able to eat at maintenance and some days go over in to a surplus but it wouldn't be consistent. Some days I'd be eating at my maintenance or an off day I might have less. Would it be worth getting as many surplus days in when possible or would that just be too inefficient?
Post 5 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
It sounds like you need to plan your week a bit better. I don’t know what circumstances you’ve got going on, but I’m not following why you’d get less kcals on an “off” day. Are you journaling your intake either on paper or with an app? Plan, plan, plan. -3X
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
It sounds like you need to plan your week a bit better. I don’t know what circumstances you’ve got going on, but I’m not following why you’d get less kcals on an “off” day. Are you journaling your intake either on paper or with an app? Plan, plan, plan. -3X
Currently I have a workout and nutrition book that I keep track of everything in. Once I move though some days there won't be time to be eating. I'm moving alone and will be very busy for the first while dealing with all the things that come with moving to another country as well as actually moving my belongings across to the other place with many back and forth flights.

It's going to be very hectic to start with. At the moment my routines are all planned out and I track my foods fairly well, the issue is for the two months I'll be stressed and busy. Some days I won't have the time to eat, money issue or away from home.

I know I can make meal plans and such but that's all at the back currently as I have more important things like government meetings and so-on to start becoming a resident. TL;DR first 2 months will be difficult with a lot of travelling and likely time where I can't afford food or time to eat.
Post 7 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
No time to eat? C’mon bro, that’s not like having to make time to train. It takes 3 minutes to eat a pop tart and bottle of milk. If you want it, you’ll make it happen. If you don’t you'll make excuses. Not working out a way to fit meals in is no excuse to start a cut when you’re you don’t have enough muscle to start with though. -3X
Post 8 IP   flag post
339985 8 8
destitute