Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Mustbenice private msg quote post Address this user
A friend of mine is around 25% body fat and holds most of his fat in his midsection. I told him to focus mainly on cardio, and to do abs maybe once a week. He didn't believe me and wanted me to ask you guys so here I am. So when you have fat covering your abs its best to do cardio because just doing ab workouts wont spot reduce or make your abs pop quicker. Correct?

Thanks.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Jsn3004 private msg quote post Address this user
Abs are a muscle so why are you telling your friend not to train those muscles, or telling him "maybe" to train them.
And you don't have to do cardio to lose weight. Cardio definitely has it's benefits but it's not mandatory when it comes to weight loss.
Post 2 IP   flag post
@Jsn3004 cardio and a calorie dificit are needed to loose weight. I wasnt saying maybe as in maybe train them I was saying maybe referring to the time frame. Maybe once a week, or once every two weeks for sure. His abs are pretty strong already since he's only been doing ab workouts, so he should mainly focus on cardio.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustbenice
cardio and a calorie dificit are needed to loose weight.

I never stated or implied that a caloric deficit isn't needed. I stated that one doesn't have to incorporate cardio to lose weight. Plenty of people can lose weight without cardio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustbenice
Maybe once a week, or once every two weeks for sure.

Really??? The abs are a muscle group. Why would you tell someone to only train a muscle group once every two weeks? Would you tell someone "Only train your chest once every two weeks"? Such a nonsensical way of thinking and recommendation.

How about you just get your friend to read the FAQ and Routine Design for Dummies on this forum?
Post 4 IP   flag post
@Jsn3004 it's not absolutely necessary to train abs once a week if you need to loose weight, your best bet if cardio (or a calorie deficit)
Post 5 IP   flag post
I don’t even know why I try if everything I say goes in one ear and out the other. I don’t get why you posted this. It appears you already had your mind made up.
Post 6 IP   flag post
339985 6 6
destitute