Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Power Lifting

POUND FOR POUND STRENGTH IS STUPID19261

JakeSimmonds private msg quote post Address this user
Ok, uploading new thread now.

Ill be prepared for flamming, shit talk and haters (lol) but it will be fun and hopefully useful
Post 201 • IP   flag post
new thread posted
Post 202 • IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Why bother? You won’t listen to anything that anyone tells you anyway. What’s the point in starting a second thread to ignore advice? Isn’t one thread like that enough? -3X
Post 203 • IP   flag post
You didnt give me any good advice, just tell me to go read something
Post 204 • IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
All of the advice was in that reading. I also advised you to train your core so you will have the stability to perform deads. And I advised you to not perform overhead presses and to start performing scapular stability movements. You argued something about every one of those points. -3X
Post 205 • IP   flag post

yeah, because I do train core, and Im not stoping overhead press, unless you can show me some evidence to prove that overhead presses are bad for you, some people say the exact same thing about bench press, I will take advice in adding new exercises to my routine but not stopping an exercise just because someone online said so.

I've been told bench is bad for shoulders, should I stop bench?

I've been told squats are bad for your knees should I stop squats?

If overhead press was bad then I would be getting shoulder pain, I dont so im not stopping one of the exercises I enjoy the most just because someone said they got shoulder pain from it.
Post 206 • IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
What- exactly- do you do to train your core? You can’t seem to differentiate between “abs” and “core.” They’re not the same and I’m fairly certain you aren’t training your core for shit, but let’s see what you do for it. If you refuse to post what you do, I’ll take it as admission that you don’t know wtf you’re doing and move on.

Regarding OHP and the shoulder- the injuries that result from OHP aren’t acute in nature. They’re chronic overuse injuries. So, yeah you may not have pain today, but as years pass you will. Why? I already provided you with the evidence: closed packed position of the glenohumeral joint and impingement. If you continue to argue against anatomical facts, I will also presume that you don’t know what you’re doing and move on with the satisfaction that you’re like every other gym “bro” I’ve ever met- you’d rather get your training advice from YouTube than from clinical facts, which is fine because as someone who works in physical therapy, that gives me job security forever. -3X
Post 207 • IP   flag post
Aww, yes cant argue against the mighty eknight, he knows everything if someone online says overhead is bad, then it must be true.

I've heard people say the same thing about dumbell bench.

You didnt provide evidence, you just said "glenhumeral joint and impingement" that doesnt explain shit to me. Show me a study which proves 100% that its bad.
Post 208 • IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
I’m not going to spoon feed your lazy ass, no. I provided you with the resources to do the research yourself. I don’t need to prove anything- I did that when I passed my boards and got licensure to practice in physical therapy. You aren’t going to find many “studies” on this anyway. They don’t perform studies on things that are known to be true. Go read some clinical research on the two shoulder topics I gave you and you’ll have your answers.

Way to avoid the “core” question entirely- I think we have our answer there. -3X
Post 209 • IP   flag post
I wont find any studies, because its just your personal opinion and if you dont provide evidence then why should I believe it?
Post 210 • IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
It’s not my opinion. It’s a clinical fact that the position the entire shoulder complex- and specifically the glenohumeral joint- is most vulnerable and stressed in is extreme abduction and external rotation. It is also this position that creates subacromial impingement. For fucks sake, no one is going to purposely put a subject’s joint in a dangerous position to perform a study on something that is already known. That’s like pushing someone off a roof to prove gravity exists. Not going to happen. What part of that don’t you get??? -3X
Post 211 • IP   flag post
339530 211 11
destitute