Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Power Lifting

POUND FOR POUND STRENGTH IS STUPID19261

JakeSimmonds private msg quote post Address this user
Pound for pound strength is a big part of powerlifting however one very important aspect is overlooked, height.

Being short gives a lifter a significant advantage over a taller lifter for relative strength, for example a 5,5 150lb lifter has more mass than a 6 foot 150 pound lifter, also a shorter range of motion giving him an advantage, point is its significantly easier to be strong at 140pounds when you're short.

If you doubt what im saying look at richard hawthorne, 135pounds with a 500lb squat and 600lb deadlift, yet hes 5 foot 2 tall, now if he was 5,11 he would weigh alot more with the muscle mass he has. show me a lifter whos 6 foot 135lbs and lifting those weights, Look at all the lifters in the 140-150 lb weight class what do they all have incommon? They're short, yet this is overlooked all the time.

Im sick of seeing people boost about how they are stronger "pound for pound" than someone as if it makes them more impressive when really its just because they're short.

Point is you cant compare relative strength unless the height is the same, yet I've never heard anyone say this at all. Its an ignored fact.
Post 1 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
This is possibly the stupidest post I’ve ever read. Sounds like you’re just butt hurt because you’re tall and skinny. -3X
Post 2 IP   flag post
Its true you fucking idiot, Just because you're to dumb to realize it doesnt mean it isnt true.

Prove me wrong fuckwit, show me a 6 foot tall 135 pound lifter with a 600 deadlift, the only ones you will find are short lifters.

You clearly know nothing about height and body weight proportions sounds like you're just butthurt because you're a fucking manlet.
Post 3 IP   flag post
And the two imbeciles who thumbed up your post are mentally retarded.

Come on then assholes, how am I wrong???

Shorter height=shorter ROM, that makes weight easier to lifter.

A 5 foot 5 170lb lifter will have more mass than a 6 foot 170lb lifter, therefore making it easier for him to be strong at a lighter weight, ALL lifters in the 130-140 pound bodyweight class in powerlifting are short.

Dont call my post stupid because your brain lacks the ability to figure this out. Its pretty basic stuff.
Post 4 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
What’s pretty basic that you don’t understand is that a taller person can carry more body weight (duh!) and that the Wilks coefficient negates the body weight issues you’re talking about.

Wait, wait, maybe the Olympic lifts and powerlifts that have been done for decades are all wrong. Maybe there should be height classes instead of weight classes. 🙄

Now go back to maxing out with what I rep and maybe you’ll grow one day. -3X
Post 5 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
Happy Birthday, @JakeSimmonds
Any relation to Richard Simmonds?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Yeags private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabemuscular
Happy Birthday, @JakeSimmonds
Any relation to Richard Simmonds?

It’s his brother come on guys let’s jazzer size💃🕺
Post 7 IP   flag post
Wannabemuscular any relation to Big Lenny you fucking roided up fat freak?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Yeah a taller person carries more body mass so fucking what im talking two people of the SAME weight and different height, its significantly easier for the shorter person to be stronger, and yes the weight classes in powerlifting and olypmic are wrong for not bringing height into the game.

The rules are stupid as well
Post 9 IP   flag post
You guys cant handle having your precious powerlifting game criticized.

PROVE TO ME that being shorter does not make being stronger at equal weight of a taller person easier.
Post 10 IP   flag post
eknight you dont know shit about me or what I lift

Im 5,11 144lbs yes lean but I dont give a shit, lean and strong>fat roided slab of meat

I can bench 95lb dumbells each arm for 6 reps, and have done 215lbs for 6 paused reps with a barbell and 8 dips with 100lbs attached.

Not boosting I still have a long way to go, but I consider that some good lifts for my size, I could not give less of a fuck if some roided meathead lifts more.
Post 11 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
5’11” and 144? Eat a sandwich or twenty. Just as I thought- skinny dude who looks like he doesn’t lift hating on anyone stronger than you. Hey bro- your numbers aren’t bad, so why all the hate? -3X
Post 12 IP   flag post
Well you did come on here calling my thread stupid.

And im being made fun of for simply bringing up a point.
Post 13 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Because it IS stupid. It’s the same as a guy who is 5’3” saying “overall strength and strong man contests are fucked up because I’ll never be big enough to carry the size needed to deadlift 900 pounds, so they should change the rules.”

Rather than bitch and moan like a little kid about what you can’t do and what what others can, STFU, work harder and spend less time complaining like an old lady about shit you can’t change anyway. -3X
Post 14 IP   flag post
You're a pissy guy aye? So im not allowed to talk about something I think is stupid, no it would not be like a small guy saying that at all.

Seems like you have no argument and cant stand having your pretty little powerlifting game criticized.

Easier for shorter people to be strong at light weights=unfair to have a taller lifter in the weight class as a shorter one at the same weight.

And I never bitched about what others can or cant do, you sound butthurt funny how you call accuse me of "bitching and moaning" yet your the one with your panties in a twist over someone bringing up a legitimate point.

You still have not offered a single legit argument against my points.

"This is stupid"

"Its like a short guy complaining about strongman"

"stop moaning"

those are not arguments, considering no one can disprove my opinion, I am correct and I win the debate.

Powerlifting needs to reconsider its rules.
Post 15 IP   flag post
haole private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeSimmonds

Im 5,11 144lbs yes lean but I dont give a shit..... I could not give less of a fuck if some roided meathead lifts more.

Read your own posts man. You sounds like you give a lot of fucks. You created this thread because you do give a fuck. Shut your fucking mouth if you don't give a fuck....fucking fuck fuckuckuckuck...lol

But seriously it sounds like you have confidence issues.
Post 16 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Quote:
Originally Posted by haole
Quote:

Im 5,11 144lbs yes lean but I dont give a shit..... I could not give less of a fuck if some roided meathead lifts more.

Read your own posts man. You sounds like you give a lot of fucks. You created this thread because you do give a fuck. Shut your fucking mouth if you don't give a fuck....fucking fuck fuckuckuckuck...lol

But seriously it sounds like you have confidence issues.
Post 17 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
Guys @JakeSimmonds is right. Chill the fuck out

Look at all the strong men in the world. None of them are over 6' tall.

Oh shit. Never mind. He's 6'8"
Post 18 IP   flag post
forgottenpass private msg quote post Address this user

Post 19 IP   flag post
Funny forgottnepass you call me a faggot but have picture of naked man in avatar.
Post 20 IP   flag post
were talking about pound for pound strength norida, not the strongest men in the world

also shorter lifters are pound for pound stronger than brian shaw, tom martin deadlifts 920lbs @ 245lbs, thats almost the same as shaw yet he weighs far less, its because hes shorter.

You people are so braindead its not even worth debating, no arguments against me at all, just butthurt.

this is someone whos 135lbs
https://www.google.co.nz/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwijhb-E6rrYAhWIS7wKHaxxC6kQjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D5n5ryqEF79k&psig=AOvVaw0c-UzrQzX474am_JO1urSv&ust=1515035725969302

this is also 135lbs
https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/images/2011/male-transformation-ryan-rogerson_asm.jpg

Yet one has more muscle mass than the other, why? Because the first on is shorter, therefore more of his mass is muscle and less bone structure, therefore a shorter person will have more muscle at the same bodyweight as a taller person making it easier for him to be stronger at the same weight.

You people are all so delusional.
Post 21 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
@JakeSimmonds although I comprehend what you're attempting to say, there are far too many factors to say someone who is short and light can have stronger lb for lb strength.

With this logic midgets would be the best powerlifters in the world.

However, being short would likely lead to shorter ranges of motion and greater leverages.

But who the fuck really cares? Most of us go to the gym to better ourselves and enjoy some nearly brainless activity in our lives.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Yeags private msg quote post Address this user
The only person you should worry about competing against is yourself unless your getting paid it’s unneeded stress...
Post 23 IP   flag post
Jsn3004 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Im 5,11 144lbs

Dude put on some weight. No offense, but as long as you're that skinny, you're just going to look like you don't even lift.

Quote:
I can bench 95lb dumbells each arm for 6 reps, and have done 215lbs for 6 paused reps with a barbell and 8 dips with 100lbs attached.

You didn't include lifts for squats or deadlift, so i'm assuming you don't compete, so why does any of this matter? Why does something other people say make you sick? Stop caring about what other people think/say and worry about yourself. It's just time and energy wasted.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Baggy private msg quote post Address this user
https://www.strongerbyscience.com/whos-the-most-impressive-powerlifter/

Interesting read.

@op, if two guys lift the same, weigh the same, but one is a foot taller? The taller guy should eat more...
Post 25 IP   flag post
Jesus christ....
Post 26 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
^^ that’s pretty much the same reaction most of us had reading your nonsense. But since you’re so convinced you’re right and hundreds of years of strength sports and weight class sports are all wrong, SURELY you have a solution to this alleged problem then, right? Surely you have some way to remedy this issue that can be enacted in powerlifting, Olympic lifting, boxing, MMA, amateur wrestling, and all other weight-class based sports. I eagerly await your genious solution... -3X
Post 27 IP   flag post
Thats because everyone here is mentally retarded, none of you have managed to disprove my point.

Yeah it must be right because its been like that for years, was slavery right because it was just how it is bro?

Oh and I do have a solution to this issue, bring height into the game.
Post 28 IP   flag post
If I was so wrong you would be able to disprove what I said with evidence, yet you cant, therefore im the smart one.

"its always been like that"

"who cares"

"brian shaw tho"

"stop moaning"

are not arguments
Post 29 IP   flag post
Also the rules are dumb benching with a 1 inch ROM fine aslong as your ass is on the bench yet they are so uptight with squat depth.

Rules are dumb
Post 30 IP   flag post
339909 245 30
destitute