Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
BackBulkingDeadliftNewbieTeen

Deadlift form?19253

Fletch7878 private msg quote post Address this user

Any help appreciated, am progressing quite quickly. Obviously because I’m pretty new to lifting but want to get my form right before i get used to it and end up injuring myself with heavier weights.
Post 1 IP   flag post
FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
Really bad angle u need a side angle for best advice but even with this video I can tell ur hips are way too high and ur stiff legging the movement.
Ur putting too much stress on the lower back.
Ur grip looks weak and ur Lats aren’t locked into position either !
Post 2 IP   flag post
Glad I asked then! Quite a bit to work on, so should I initiate the movement with my back rather than my legs? And why does the grip matter as long as I don’t drop it? And does the lats thing mean I’m not fully locking out the lift? Sorry so many questions
Post 3 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
I agree with Fireman that you're starting with your hips too high. You need to squat down into a lower position and keep back on your heels. For the lats, when you're just about to start driving up, engage your lats and try to squeeze your shoulders back.

Get another video next time with full view from the side.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Ok thank you, will Work on it and do a better video!
Post 5 IP   flag post
FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabemuscular
I agree with Fireman that you're starting with your hips too high. You need to squat down into a lower position and keep back on your heels. For the lats, when you're just about to start driving up, engage your lats and try to squeeze your shoulders back.

Get another video next time with full view from the side.

^^ What the big dog said.

The left is only start with the back when people yank on the back without true tightness.
Initially the conventional should be initiated by pushing the floor away from you.

U should locked the Lats down like @wannabe saidsame when u should before bench reps.. a good que is imagine crushing oranges in ur armpits.. or bending the bar around ur shins.

The grip matters because if it slips on heavy weight in can spin away from u and lead to a low back injury !!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Ericleader22 private msg quote post Address this user
Just be very careful deadlifting, you can really injure your lower back badly. I've done that before and was out a few weeks Just make sure you have the perfect form for the exercise.
Post 7 IP   flag post
339913 7 7
destitute