Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
CardioCuttingSplit AdviceTraining Programs

Tell me what you think19207

acoble02 private msg quote post Address this user
So, i've been pretty inconsistent lately with my workouts and my diet is pretty much nonexistent .. i'd go to the gym for a couple weeks, then i would start skipping a little bit. I have some decent size, but need to lose a little fat around the belly area. I figured I would change up my routine and add some cardio. Also do better on my diet. Anyway, I am gonna try to do an upper lower split with hiit cardio 2-3 times a week.I've been working out for about 3 years or so. with the last 8 months or so being inconsistent.

Upper: Bench Press: 4 sets
Barbell Rows: 4 sets
Seated Rows: 4 sets
LateralRaises: 4 sets
Curls: 2 sets
Dips: 2 sets

Lower: Squats 4 sets
Deads 4 sets
Leg Curl 4 sets
Calves 4 sets
Abs 4 sets

I based this workout on a post i saw that Eknight posted. I'll do hiit cardio 2-3 times a week. So what do you guys think.. Is it enough volume. And what rep range do you guys think I should be in.

Thank you
Andrew
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Jsn3004 private msg quote post Address this user
I think it's best if you just follow an already established routine like 531. Also whats your diet looking like?
Post 2 • IP   flag post
acoble02 private msg quote post Address this user
Bump
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Jsn3004 private msg quote post Address this user
Oh yeah lets not talk about diet which you admit was nonexistent. Lets just talk about a routines.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
frame private msg quote post Address this user
If you prefer to work out with weights twice per week then it's definetely better to go with full body and to choose strenght routine from faq in stickies. If more, then routine you posted is also fine as well as pull push legs, if you do upper/lower/upper, better not to go all into horizontal pulling, but maybe first upper day - vertical pulling 2 movements, second upper day - 2 horizontal if you want, or mix them like 1 horizontal and 1 vertical for both upper days. If you want you may also include strenght and hypertrophy emphasis for diff upper days. Like 1st upper strenght rep range for chest/back and arms+shoulders - hypertrophy rep range, next upper chest/back - hypertrophy rep range, arms/shoulders - a bit lower rep ranges. Routine is not that important as nutrition and recovery and it is better to go for a routine that definitely works and stick to it for a long time to get maximum gains from it.
Inventing new programs is not wise thing to do when there are so many well known and effective programs out there, unless you really like it and willing to commit to it 100%. It still may not be the most effective one, but at least you will follow it and take advantage of this. Better to workout like that than to not working out at all
Post 5 • IP   flag post
338977 5 5
destitute