Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
LegsSplit AdviceSquats

Squats advice19204

jostrosky private msg quote post Address this user
Okay typically run a PPL routine and for the past couple of months i have been getting great strength results from my squats. The only thing is that my knees are killing literally for days after my leg day so i cant really do a proper PPL. They hurt to the point where i cannot sit down on the toilet without bracing myself. I have had someone (CSCS Coach at my school i work at) look at my form and they did not see anything wrong. I had him look if i was keeping my chest up knees did not wobble, good dept, etc, etc. Pain was still there even after that session using light weight. Now i am 6'6 and thought that maybe the height. Now i use the squat press and lunges before when i hurt my back and got good gains from just doing those. I guess what i am asking is that with my height and this current issue would it benefit me more to stick with those exercises like the lunges and press or should i still try and gut out the squats.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
Pain in the joint or severe muscle soreness?
Are you using any kind of compression sleeves when squatting? If not, you should.

Me being 43 and squatting fairly heavy, I ice my knees at night a couple times a week just for general old man maintenance. It helps keep inflammation down.

Put up a video of a moderate to heavy squat.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
its defiantly joint pain. this is another thing is that my quads are not sore. i really don't know if i am activating my hips through the motion of the squat. I can get someone at the gym tomorrow to video me doing a set of 225.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
EagleRare10 private msg quote post Address this user
I used to get some knee pain with squats, but not recently. This may not be the issue, since your pain occurs for days after squatting, but I find that my warmup for squats has to be the longest for any big lift I do. Typically several light ramp up sets and TKEs in between sets to get them really feeling good before going heavy, and sometimes even like some box jumps or something before the ramp up sets.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
@EagleRare10 I typically ride the bike for 5 or so mins then do a dynamic warm up. This is why the pain is becoming an issue
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@wannabemuscular
Post 6 • IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
It’s hard to 100% say this for sure off of one video, but you appear to be really psoas dominant, which is causing you to flex at the knee more than the hip, which is why you’re knees are tracking cover your toes so much and causing you pain. I’d look into rolling and stretching those hip flexors. -3X
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Yeags private msg quote post Address this user
Are those air max shoes they probably give to much squat barefoot or get a shoe with flat sole to squat with it’ll make you have a more stable base...
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@Yeags I do have flat shoe to squat in. I literally remembered that I wanted to make this video so I just did in my air max shoes. I have met cons
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Yeags private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah noticed the shoes I tried squatting in air max once wasn’t steady at all with heavier weight
Post 10 • IP   flag post
@Yeags yeah I was just doing 225 and figured I would do some set of 5 to see form. I agree they are not the best. I don’t really want to invest in the power lifting shoes although they cast the same as the air max’s. I just get the flatter sole met cons
Post 11 • IP   flag post
338977 11 11
destitute