Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
BulkingCuttingProgress PicsProgress UpdateTeen

Should I cut or Lean bulk? Advice/PICS19195

NoviceKev private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys currently i'm 168.7 lbs. 16.1% body fat(what are your thoughts on the accuracy of the machine) according to the weight scale/bf calculator i have at home.

Best gym stats before cut that started a month ago..
235x1 bench
295x1 front squat
415x1 deadlift
90x5 tricep dips
65x5 chin ups.

Basically I just wanted to know if i should stop cutting and slowly get going on a lean mass phase through a slow bulk or should i continue cutting because of my bf% and then bulk up when i'm at about 163~164lbs.

Any advice as well as a BF estimation is welcome

Post 1 • IP   flag post
Jesus private msg quote post Address this user
Im Skeptical about your lifts but i think you should bulk and then cut and then bulk and then cut again and so on and so forth.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Bump
Post 3 • IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Not trying to be a dick, but no one can tell you what to do. You’re a grown man. If you want to bulk, bulk. If you want to cut, cut. That is a personal decision. -3X
Post 4 • IP   flag post
FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
If ur already in the middle of a cut then I’d
Keep going until at least 160, reverse diet into a lean bulk then for a good 6months and see where your at then !!
I don’t know what height u are so can’t say what weight ur ment to be either.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
im 5'10.5 ft and around 166lbs now. but im getting the sense i should just eat around maintenance for a bit and than lean bulk. anyone else?
Post 6 • IP   flag post
mikew private msg quote post Address this user
You'll only reach your goal if you are extremely motivated so what do you *really* want to pursue?

Years ago my goal was to bench press 225 lbs. 10 times so everything was focused on that which kept motivation high.

Your 1RMs of deadlift and squat are "Advanced" for your weight. Plug everything into here: http://www.strengthstandards.co/

Bench press is between intermediate and advanced so there is lots of room to improve there.

If your current 1RMs are accurate - be honest with yourself - then I would continue to cut to 160 like @FiremanSi recommends, then reverse diet.

If your 1RMs are from before your cut or not 100% accurate then I would bulk with the objective of getting Squat, Bench, and DL above "Advanced". Your deadlift is your best lift so maybe you focus on bench and (regular) squat.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
final bump. bf% estimate? cut/lean bulk
Post 8 • IP   flag post
mikew private msg quote post Address this user
@NoviceKev if you calculate your BF% based on the 1RMs you give (http://www.strongur.io/body_fat_calculator/) it would suggest a much lower BF than 16% but your pics don't seem to support that so it's hard to give accurate advice.

I'm not saying that calculator is 100% accurate - it's only an estimate - and it could be way off in your case. So take it with a grain of salt...

My sense is that a program focused on building strength will give you the most tangible benefit.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
338814 9 9
destitute