Hi,

How do you break a plateau?

Thanks.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user

Looks pretty unbreakable to me.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Dorich private msg quote post Address this user
Have you tried to deload, or maybe switch things up a bit? Try a different rep-range for a while, then return to whatever you're trying to break. Go heavier with less reps, or lighter with more reps. If that doesn't help, re-evaluate your routine, or how much rest you're getting, or macros, or calories.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Hambo private msg quote post Address this user
I Think I sleep to little. What time would you recommend I get sleeping at least?

Thanks Dorich.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Dorich private msg quote post Address this user
I think 8 hours a night is fine. A bit less wouldn't hurt you either, it just wouldn't be optimal.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
frame private msg quote post Address this user
9-10 hrs of sleep every day and no sexual pleasure for multiple weeks and breaking plateau possible. Above plus good nutrition and working out will skyrocket testosterone and you break plateau like never noticed it.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Jsn3004 private msg quote post Address this user
@frame 10 hours of sleep everyday and no sex? Sounds like a really depressing life to me.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
@Jsn3004 Haha, of course, otherwise it would be too simple
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@frame Nah, what you said was just unnecessary and overkill.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
^^ this. It was so off, I couldn't tell if he was being facetious or not. -3X
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Hambo private msg quote post Address this user
Hi,

What is a motor unit?

Thanks for answer.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
Well, it is relatively true, some people need more sleep time to recover, especially if they train a lot ~9hrs at least with aim up to 10, prolly less will be enough anyway, but just to be sure to hit these 8,5-9 hrs of sleep, the other part may be overkill, but still anything that increases testosterone even by tiny bit can help breaking plateau..
Post 12 • IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
^^ Incorrect. Transient hormonal changes like you’re describing have no effect on growth or strength. In fact, slight increases in cortisol from exercise demonstrate greater strength and hypertrophy gains than equivalent increased in test.

And even if you were correct, long-term abstinence like you’re describing results in lower free T, not higher. -3X
Post 13 • IP   flag post
Its still would make angry as f^ck to crush these weights and break plateau so its all true
Post 14 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
And even if you were correct, long-term abstinence like you’re describing results in lower free T, not higher.

And even if he was correct and long-term abstinence didn't result in lower T, sleeping up to 10 hours a day isn't sustainable. Certainly not for a parent, a full-time student, someone with a full-time job, someone with interests other than just working out, etc.

@frame And being angry as fuck isn't going to help you "crush these weights" and break through a plateau. Proper programming, form, nutrition, having adequate sleep, etc., will help one progress though.
Post 15 • IP   flag post
338778 15 15
destitute