Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Power Lifting ShoesPowerliftingSquats

Workout Shoes19182

NaturalBrawn private msg quote post Address this user
Even the title of this thread makes me uncomfortable.

I have trained in chucks pretty much since i have been lifting, good for deadlifts, comfortable and pretty non offensive to look at..

The only time this kind of falls apart is Squats, a raised heel helps me drop in a little deeper and arch support helps me keep the bridge (i do have a habit of dropping my arch and going knee valgus in chucks).

On occasion I have swapped out to a running/cross trainer.. bonus being a bit of arch support, if I ever venture to some 'cardio' type work a bit of cushioning helps. Awful for deads as my foot squishes into padding and off centers me (why not take them off..well some gyms I use are OCD and dont allow barefoot..and i cant be bothered with the Gym Nazis to take the opening).

My exact setup is,

Nike Roche for Light Leg days and push/pull type work (A guess you'd call these my 'Daily')
Converse for Deadlift days
Pendlay Weight Lifting Shoes for heavy Squats (All variations) (these i have in my gym bag, so swap in and out on demand).

I have thought about going the Nike Metcon route, popular I believe in crossfit, any experiences here? What do you use?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
Idk bro. Squats and deads are barefoot (or just socks) for me. Beyond that my daily footwear is usually a runner or trainer type sneaker. Usually Nike or Asics.

I do have a pair of these link which I'll throw on as a general workout shoe at home. I guess they're kind of like Chucks, but these fit me better. They're wider in the toebox.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
NaturalBrawn private msg quote post Address this user
Ah the luxuries of training at home.. I'd be barefoot all day on Squats and DL's...

Well I'll give these metcons a whirl and give my 10 cents..
Post 3 • IP   flag post
KellyKapoor private msg quote post Address this user
i just wear whatever sneakers i'm feeling. tend to be my jordan true flights because they fit nicely and are fairly flat
Post 4 • IP   flag post
339137 4 4
destitute