Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
CardioCuttingDiet AdviceMacrosTraining Programs

Fat Loss Help Needed!19151

kbahramicc private msg quote post Address this user
Hello all,

I'm a 20 year old, 180cm (5'11", 83kg (184lbs) male. My body fat is currently at 26%.

My aim is to reduce my body fat from 26% to 15%, whilst trying to gain some muscle mass in the process, by the New Year giving me about 3.5 months to do this. I've been going to the gym since May fairly regularly but have been focusing on cardio, so based on what I've read I should be able to go through body recomposition?

I'm looking for advice on both diet and workout, so I'm gonna write this in sections:

1. Workout

I plan on doing a 6-day split weightlifting regime:

Day 1/4: Chest/Back
Day 2/5: Legs/Abs
Day 3/6: Delts/Arms
Day 7: Rest

Alongside, I'm planning on doing HIIT cardio training for 1-2hrs a weeks, so 20-30mins after weight training 3-4 times a week.

Would it be best to stick to compound or isolation or a combination of both for weight training?

2. Diet

I've worked out that I need approximately 2900 calories a day to maintain my weight, so I'm aiming for around 1900-2200 calories a day.

My main issue comes with the macros and how much of each I'd need to lose fat but maintain and hopefully gain some muscle mass.

Currently, I'm looking at doing a 50/30/20 (Protein, Carbs, Fat) split diet, but I've also heard that a 40/30/30 or 40/40/20 would work well.

My main thought is that I've constantly heard that a high carb diet is bad for fat loss, but surely with the workout routine that I'm planning that shouldn't be an issue?

Also, would intermittent fasting be beneficial on this workout and diet regime, or would I be shooting myself in the foot?

Thanks for any advice!
Post 1 • IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
There's an entire thread called the FAQ thread that will answer most of your questions. -3X
Post 2 • IP   flag post
FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
Unless this is ur first day lifting weights u can't Loose weight and build muscle.... unless ur on anabolic steroids !!
Post 3 • IP   flag post
KyleMurphree private msg quote post Address this user
Everyone has their own goals for their health and wellness. If you're looking to reduce body fat, you will most likely have to find a way to take in fewer calories. Omega 3 fatty acids found in wild salmon, walnuts, chia and hemp seeds increase lipolysis. So you lose fat instead of storing it. You can also take exercises from élastique fitness for burning body fats.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
338778 4 4
destitute