Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
LegsSoccer

Advice on a strength routine...19136

Jreay4 private msg quote post Address this user
What do you guys think of this gym routine? I play for my county's soccer team and my Main goal is strength with some size. Would this help me out for soccer? Thanks so much!

Exercise. Sets. Reps
Monday-Upper: bench press. 3. 6-8
Bent over row. 3. 6-8
Overhead press. 3. 6-8
Cable fly. 2. 6-8
Lat pulldown. 2. 6-8
Lateral raise. 2. 6-8
Tricep ext. 3. 6-8
Dumbbell curl. 3. 6-8

Wednesday-Lower: Squat. 3. 6-8
SL deadlift. 3. 6-8
Calf raise. 3. 15-2
Leg press. 2. 6-8
Leg curl. 2. 6-8

Ab work

Friday-Upper: bench press. 3. 6-8
Bent over row. 3. 6-8
Overhead press. 3. 6-8
Cable fly. 2. 6-8
Lat pulldown. 2. 6-8
Lateral raise. 2. 6-8
Tricep ext. 3. 6-8
Dumbbell curl. 3. 6-8

If there's anything (exercises,reps, sets) you would change please say as I'd appreciate your advice. Thanks
Post 1 • IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
http://forum.simplyshredded.com/topic/16702/page/1/routine-design-for-dummies-10/

-3X
Post 2 • IP   flag post
EagleRare10 private msg quote post Address this user
Reps for calling it soccer
Post 3 • IP   flag post
@eknight thanks I have read that now, very informative for young people👍🏻. What would you change if you were me ? Do you think that keeping the same reps and sets are a good idea? Thanks for taking the time to help me out.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Bro. Really? My exact and specific personal recommendations are in that thread. You already have the answers to what you're asking. -3X
Post 5 • IP   flag post
After re-reading eknights routine for dummies thread, I've re-done my routine and it matches the criteria that he suggests. I would really like to know your opinions on this routine and I know you all know what your talking about.

This is just my upper part, I'm still making my lower part atm:

Bench press. 3. 4-6
Deadlift. 3. 4-6
OH press. 3. 4-6
Inc press. 2. 6-8
Lat PD. 2. 6-8
Lat raise. 2 6-8.
Tricep ex. 3. 6-8
Bb curl. 3. 6-8
The compound lifts focus on functional strength in the 4-6 rep range. Chest, Back and shoulders have 10 sets per week and bicep, tricep have 6 sets per week. Each muscle will be trained x2 a week for optimal growth.

Thanks for any help
Post 6 • IP   flag post
SuppCorner private msg quote post Address this user
clickable text
Post 7 • IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
@Jreay4 No, not good at all.

2 sets of Lat Pulldowns for back? That's it? Where are the Rows? And where are legs?

Go back to the Routine Design for Dummies thread and re-read point #4. Then use the Day 1 and Day 2 templates to create a routine. It's sitting there plain as day. Just plug in the exercises.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Jsn3004 private msg quote post Address this user
@Jreay4 How can you have read that thread twice, and still put deadlifts on upperbody day?
Post 9 • IP   flag post
haole private msg quote post Address this user
@Jreay4

If you play for your country's soccer team you should talk to the training coach.

I think you're bullshitting us about that unless you play for a low level team for a low level country.

If you are for real I would recommend telling us your goals first and where you are in your season or off season. Training properly for specific sports like soccer should always take into consideration the individual's goals and timing as it relates to the on or off season.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
339143 10 10
destitute