Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Ahmed96d private msg quote post Address this user
So It's almost 2 months now and the scale didn't move a bit some times it's even higher for some reason.
I'm at 2100 calories right now and I can't notice any changes...
I started from 2600 and all the way down to 2100 with 45-50c/25-30P/20-25Fats and I took all of your advice did HIIT LISS everything and I'm sure there is no problem with my tracking.. all of my food are simple choices and I was tracking before and losing weight without cardio too and had no problem, No idea what's wrong with this cut..
Post 1 • IP   flag post
moke912 private msg quote post Address this user
What is your weight ? how do you train exactly ?
Post 2 • IP   flag post
I'm 113~114kg it's fluctuating between those and it's like that since i started.
I'm following PHAT right now and I don't really rest a lot between sets usually 30~45 seconds if that is a factor..
Post 3 • IP   flag post
moke912 private msg quote post Address this user
Private Message
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Could someone else give an advice please? No comment regarding that guy.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Ha ha ha ha ha!

If you were losing weight before, why did you change what you were doing? -3X
Post 6 • IP   flag post
I know i didn't clarify but before = 1 year ago I didn't change anything the only adjustment that i tried to do this time is starting at high calories and drop it as time goes because last year i started at 2000 calories and it was that way for like 5 months. Also another addition is the cardio which i had barely done last year too and was still losing weight.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
What kind of HIIT and how much of it are you doing? -3X
Post 8 • IP   flag post
3 times a week after weight lifting 15-20 mins each session, i have no problem to drop calories below 2000 but i really have no idea why this is happening....
Post 9 • IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Not sure either, since I asked what KIND of HIIT you're performing and you only told me an amount. Is your primary focus right now losing fat? If that's the biggest challenge, I'd advise changing your routine to a basic very heavy upper/lower 4 days per week and doing 20-25 mins of HIIT on off days along with one long LISS after weights one day (45-60 mins). -3X
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Hmm sorry if I'm not getting it right, Do you mean which exercise ? If so I alternate between bicycle and elliptical. Anyway I'll follow your advice but If you don't mind is there any medical condition which requires me to lower my carb intake for fat loss ?
Post 11 • IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Not that I'm aware of. At least none that woold have that as their only symptom. My guess is that doing HIIT after your workouts simply isn't allowing you to train as hard as you should. I'm also suspicious of anyone- not just you- who claims to be precise and exact with measuring foods not losing weight. -3X
Post 12 • IP   flag post
quadraticlime private msg quote post Address this user
What happens if you reduce your calories slightly?
Post 13 • IP   flag post
@eknight I wouldn't say i'm 100% to trust because there is always a room for error but I try my hard to look for accurate information always. Also, something weird happened today I woke up and im at 110.6KGs the only different variable that I had a good night sleep for the first time in 4 months, Could it be that not getting enough sleep will mask it ? I don't really know. Either way thank you for your time and advice man I'll follow them.
@quadraticlime What i've learned so far that it's pointless to reduce calories randomly won't make me any good. Im at 110kg and eat at 2150 so that is clearly a deficit for me and as I mentioned I was already at 2600 and went down to 2150.
Post 14 • IP   flag post
When you experience a massive weight drop from one day to the next, it's usually water weight (this is sometimes referred to as a "whoosh" effect). But anyway, it's very important to get a good night's sleep on a regular basis.

If you were at 2600 and went down to 2150 (for a deficit of 450 calories per day), that's roughly 450 * 7 * 8 / 3500 = ~7 lbs of fat over 2 months (assuming you're training hard and eating a lot of protein, otherwise more of this will be lean mass). That translates to about 3 kg, which is roughly the difference between your current 110.6 kg and your original 113-114 kg.

So it sounds like to me you're on track -- your body may have just been holding onto more water and the addition of HIIT changed things up, although it normally doesn't take two months. Hard to say without knowing more.
Post 15 • IP   flag post
Yeah I get your point. But, I think because of the unstable sleep schedule I was weighing myself in the incorrect times ? I don't really get it but this just gave me a huge push again because I was about to lose my mind. I see people on forum cutting on 2600 calories and they weigh less while I'm on 2100 and it was still stalling.
Post 16 • IP   flag post
Usually the best time to weigh yourself is right after you wake up in the morning and use the bathroom -- but in general you just need to weigh yourself at the same time every day. If you are trying to compare your weight in the morning to your weight at night on a different day, the results will be a lot harder to compare due to differences in food and water weight.
Post 17 • IP   flag post
Yeah I know right. I usually weighed in at 4am, My sleep schedule was from 11~12am to 4am and a 1 hour nap around 4pm. Was getting 5 hour of sleep maximum usually 6 on a good day.
Post 18 • IP   flag post
Dorich private msg quote post Address this user
If you're eating around maintenance, do not rely on cardio to create a significant deficit for consistent weekly weight loss. Cardio should be done to increase an already existing deficit, and perhaps to increase fat oxidation. It's also great for heart and lungs, and both HIIT and LISS are useful for different reasons.

However, if you're not losing weight at X amount of kcal, either eat less, move more, or both. It is very possible you are underestimating your intake and overestimating your expenditure. Use a food scale for everything. Be careful with oils. Do not confuse cooked rice and pasta with uncooked rice and pasta. I also assume you're using something like MyFitnessPal.

Weigh yourself when waking up and using the bathroom, in the same manner each time.

Good luck.
Post 19 • IP   flag post
jamiee321 private msg quote post Address this user
I would suggest trying to increase your sleep duration/improve your overall sleep patterns. Sleep is such an important factor in recovery and fat loss.
Post 20 • IP   flag post
338761 20 20
destitute