Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
BulkingCardioDiet AdviceProgress PicsTeen

cut or bulk please help!!!19032

vvo22181 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi everybody i want to know whether to cut or bulk. I have been on a deficit for a while now since losing 50plus pounds from 225 last year. Im 5ft 9in and roughly 156 pounds at about 14 percent bf according to navy calc and my weight scale. Im on about 1700 to 1800 cal everyday and trying to get abs to show, but progress has slowed. I wanted to get dpwn to 12 percent bf before bulking but im not sure i have the muscle currently to cut anymore. I lift about 4 days a week

Bench 190
Squat 345
DL 350

Plz help i dknt know whether to keep cutting or to maintain and then slowly adding calories to bulk. I dont want to get fat and want to get lean with muscle thanks for any and all help!!

Post 1 • IP   flag post
Yeags private msg quote post Address this user
Bulk put on some mass...
Post 2 • IP   flag post
kickinchicken private msg quote post Address this user
>13% should cut imo. I like to at least see my abs well enough even during bulking. And get some calipers and check your BF. All military standards are horribly inaccurate... Horribly.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Jsn3004 private msg quote post Address this user
@kickinchicken I like to see my abs even while I'm bulking but wouldn't you think he's going to need to build some mass first? I mean the guy is 156 pounds. He'd be well under 150 pounds before he starts seeing abs. And he won't even look like he lifts.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
vvo22181 private msg quote post Address this user
thats what I was thinking too. I dont have enough muscle under the fat and would probably have to cut down to below 150 o see abs. As of right now reading many other skinny fat forums. I might do maintencance for a week or 2 and lead on to a lean bulk using all pro
Post 5 • IP   flag post
kickinchicken private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsn3004
@kickinchicken I like to see my abs even while I'm bulking but wouldn't you think he's going to need to build some mass first? I mean the guy is 156 pounds. He'd be well under 150 pounds before he starts seeing abs. And he won't even look like he lifts.

@OP isn't overweight so a bulk would be just fine even though BF would maybe rise just a tad if any. There's lots of wiggle room BF-wise. The 13% thing is more just personal preference I guess. But I'd still check your BF% first using a more accurate method than the navy uses.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
KellyKapoor private msg quote post Address this user
I think he should maintain the weight but cut the fat and build muscle at the same time. Do this by going hard af and do not over eat or eat shit. I am 5'7" 160lbs and I am less than 10% body fat. I grew up a skinny kid and was 120lbs when I started lifting. I "bulked" to 160 and never went over the 10% body fat margin. This took me about 3 years.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Dorich private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyKapoor
I think he should maintain the weight but cut the fat and build muscle at the same time. Do this by going hard af and do not over eat or eat shit. I am 5'7" 160lbs and I am less than 10% body fat. I grew up a skinny kid and was 120lbs when I started lifting. I "bulked" to 160 and never went over the 10% body fat margin. This took me about 3 years.

Wot?
Post 8 • IP   flag post
KellyKapoor private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorich
Wot?

what..
Post 9 • IP   flag post
338761 9 9
destitute