Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Injury RecoveryPhysiqueSplit AdviceTraining LogTraining Programs

PROGRESS AND ANALYSIS18916

Alexander7 private msg quote post Address this user
READ ONLY THE BOLD IF ITS TOO MUCH.
Hey its been a while since I talked here, I wanted to make a brief summary of what Ive been doing, and what worked and didnt, also in need of a little help, hopefully something to help you and me.

Ive been doing legs push pull for a few months now, Im happy ish with it,
Problems:
1 My legs are getting way too big, way too quickly, not that I want to keep them small, but its out of proportion.
2 My chest is getting dwarfed
3 I dont know if it may be the fact that I do more pull ups than rows now, and havent been doing too much trap work lately,or just the higher bodyfat, but my back does not look as appealing as it used to, eventhough I am bigger than I was then. Also traps suck...a lot.
4 Day 4 is challenging and day 3 is annoying, as day 3 I am doing deadlifts with higher reps, and less weight as tomorrow I have legs, and the last time I did legs and did heavy deadlifts the day before, I collapsed and was harder to go deep enough.
5 I need more frequncy on the smaller muscles, as at the moment the larger muscles have more frequency than my smaller ones, Ive also seen that Alex Muller and Matt Ogus had some problems on this split too, in terms of proportions.
6 Somehow my back lacking in progress, my bench is beginning to catch up which will lead to more disproportion.

Ive been thinking doing a split like Kevin levrones, Zack aynsley and Zyzz
I mean the Push Legs Pull.
As they are more aesthetic in terms of proportion than everyone else, only thing is they lack back apart from Zack, and probably for a reason, somehow people doing push pull legs always lack in back, does anyone here do push pull legs have a problem with this?
I know doing this split will not turn me into them, I get it muscle bellies and that, but you cant tell me that I cant get the same proportions.

I need to know if this is too intense, with too much frequency, also if you think having a leg day before back day always will lead to any problems?

Split

Day1 Chest, Shoulders, Back width, Arms
Day2 Quads, Hamstrings, Calves, Squats included
Day3 Lats, Traps, Deadlift, Bicep
Day4 Repeat day 1 however chest focus, slight shoulders
Day5 Repeat day 2
Day6 day 3 plus small amount-shoulders plus upper chest
Day7 Rest

On back days deadlift and rows dominant.
Chest, bench press shoulder press and dip dominant
Leg, squat dominant

At the moment deciding on exercises still experimenting will let you know in the future.

I tries upper lower, I loved it, only thing, I hated the excessive rest days, also was hard to cram in the entire workout, and my lifts went a little down.
However NO JOINT PAIN WHILST DOING UPPER LOWER OPPOSED TO GROUPING ALL PUSH PULL MOVEMENTS TOGETHER got the idea form Lea haney and it worked. SO I WANT TO GROUP MORE PUSH AND PULL MOVEMENTS TOGETHER.

I had a serious quad tear recently, surprisingly it came from deadlifts, It was day 4 and just did squats then moved to deadlifts, got 3 reps and a new PR until I heard a little pop, It was hurting a little bit already at the beginning of the weak and I just came back from playing football my calve hurt aswell at the start of the week but the calve didnt rip.

I am soon going to be posting a thread on dieting, Ive tried almost everything now in terms of bulking diets not so much cutting.

New lifts I normally never go below 6 reps, this is just to see progress.
Squat 154kg 5 reps (lOWER THAN BEFORE BECAUSE I DIDNT GO DEEP ENOUGH)
Deadlift 176kg 4 reps
Bench 104KG 5 reps (SURPRISING AS I HAD TO GO DOWN IN WAIT BECAUSE I FLAILED MY ELBOWS UP AND DID NOT TOUCH CHEST BEFORE)
ROWS 120 5 REPS (I GO FULL WAY UP NOW AND BEND OVER A LITTLE MORE) CAT ROW
DIPS 5 REPS + 36KG

Thank you for reading
Post 1 • IP   flag post
That didnt workout haha too much bold sorry
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Day1 Chest, Shoulders, Back width, Arms
Day2 Quads, Hamstrings, Calves, Squats included
Day3 Lats, Traps, Deadlift, Bicep
Day4 Repeat day 1 however chest focus, slight shoulders
Day5 Repeat day 2
Day6 day 3 plus small amount-shoulders plus upper chest
Day7 Rest

Or should I stick with my LPPLPPR

NO JOINT PAIN WHILST DOING UPPER LOWER OPPOSED TO GROUPING ALL PUSH PULL MOVEMENTS TOGETHER got the idea form Lea haney and it worked. SO I WANT TO GROUP MORE PUSH AND PULL MOVEMENTS TOGETHER.

I had a serious quad tear recently, surprisingly it came from deadlifts, It was day 4 and just did squats then moved to deadlifts, got 4 reps and a new PR until I heard a little pop

New lifts I normally never go below 6 reps, this is just to see progress.
Squat 154kg 5 reps (lOWER THAN BEFORE BECAUSE I DIDNT GO DEEP ENOUGH)
Deadlift 176kg 4 reps
Bench 104KG 5 reps (SURPRISING AS I HAD TO GO DOWN IN WAIT BECAUSE I FLAILED MY ELBOWS UP AND DID NOT TOUCH CHEST BEFORE)
ROWS 120 5 REPS (I GO FULL WAY UP NOW AND BEND OVER A LITTLE MORE) CAT ROW
DIPS 5 REPS + 36KG

Main points here.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
You lost me at "upper chest." Sorry. Good luck. -3X
Post 4 • IP   flag post
pls dont read the large text, just the shortened down one. Gotta figure a way to stop sending these long ass paragraphs
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Aoverto7 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
You lost me at "upper chest." Sorry. Good luck. -3X
@eknight

Purely a question and not trying to start any sort of argument. I know based off of the origin and insertion points of pec minor and major that you cannot isolate where the contraction occurs, thus you cannot isolate certain regions of the muscle. During contraction, not all sarcomeres contract equally in the muscle. So my question is would changing the angle control the how hard the contraction is on a certain area, while still working the whole pec.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
The literature suggests "no." And for the most part, yes, all of the sarcomeres do contract- just not at the same time, which is what allows continuous tension to occur. -3X
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Im sorry I meant no pain whilst preforming upper lower splits, so a pushing movement with a pulling movement whereas when I do all pushing movements together and all pulling movements together it hurts my joints thank you though
Post 8 • IP   flag post
However thank you for that new piece of information, but if they all dont contract at the same time, is there a way to actually improve a small piece of the entire muscle?
Post 9 • IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Not to a meaningful degree, no. -3X
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Aoverto7 private msg quote post Address this user
@eknight I came across this study today. Kind of ties in to what we were previously discussing. What do you think?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25799093

clickable text
Post 11 • IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Well, the Lauver, et al study only demonstrated a difference in EMG activity of the upper pecs with a sustained isometric contraction, but not with dynamic movement, if I'm reading that correctly, so I'm not sure that it has a pertinent carryover to using the incline bench to "target" that area. -3X
Post 12 • IP   flag post
339005 12 12
destitute