Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
GreekLegend private msg quote post Address this user
Okay back from chiropractor guys and basically , my spine is curved to the right also some nerve damaged in my lower back and mid back, my neck no longer has its curved it's straight. Will be seeing chiropractor for 6 months - 1 year and for now she definitely said I should not put bar behind my neck. so I can't afford to barbell squat and I'm afraid to go heavy on barbell row because we just started treatment and I used moderated weight when was rowing and felt no pain in lower back so I'll take it easy on rowing. but I really need help restructuring my leg day workout currently doing (Layne Norton PHAT)
Post 1 • IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
BEFORE YOU START THROWING MONEY A THE CHIROPRACTOR GO GET A SECOND OPINION

Go to a physical therapist office and ask for a free injury assessment and tell them EVERYTHING.

A lot of chiropractors say shit to get their customers to return. A lot of it is marketing. Go get another opinion from a trained physical therapist and even then another opinion from your primary doctor.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Don't have a physical therapist where I live
Post 3 • IP   flag post
West165 private msg quote post Address this user
I've had some bad experiences with chiropractors, wouldn't recommend.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
I love the chiropractor. I go once a month for maintenance.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabemuscular
so far I've been twice for this week and when I worked out my back it felt amazing especially my lats I could feel them engaged in the lifts.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Just because you love something doesn't mean it's beneficial.

Educate yourselves on the risk of s chiropractor. You'll likely be less prone to use one when you see how often they make situations worse, or cause worse unrelated problems, ie tearing arteries and throwing clots causing strokes and or death.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorIda
Quote:

Just because you love something doesn't mean it's beneficial.

Educate yourselves on the risk of s chiropractor. You'll likely be less prone to use one when you see how often they make situations worse, or cause worse unrelated problems, ie tearing arteries and throwing clots causing strokes and or death.

We don't have a physical therapist where I live and the hospital is useless really they would only give an injection or a pill and call it a day and announce they would call but never does. unless I'd have to stick with the pain until I move to manchester
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Jsn3004 private msg quote post Address this user
Where do you live that there aren't any physical therapists in at least a 15 miles away? And don't physical therapists also work at hospitals?
Post 9 • IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsn3004
Where do you live that there aren't any physical therapists in at least a 15 miles away? And don't physical therapists also work at hospitals?

I work part of the day at a hospital and part of the day doing outpatient treatment. I've never heard of a hospital that didn't have a physical therapist, but I'm in the US like you.

On another note, intended or not the title of this thread is a great pun. -3X
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsn3004
I live in the caribbean and no the hospital does not have one, sadly country I'm in is not so developed.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
Can anyone help me structure a leg day for power and another day for hypertrophy without squats.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Why don't you ask the chiropractor you're seeing? Get her recommendations since she is treating you. -3X
Post 13 • IP   flag post
robinxchrom private msg quote post Address this user
get a good chiro.

my chiro has competed in women's physique

she gives me good solid advice in regards to still lifting and looking after my back

don't pay up money to someone who isn't going to help you in regards to your longevity AND pursuing ur passions! anyone can tell you not to do anything dangerous but its about working with ur patient/client to find workarounds so they can still hit their goals.

i have issues with the barbell on my neck too.

i do:

leg press
leg extensions
leg curls
stiff leg deadlifts
calf raises
goblet squats/lunges

not ideal but its helped me get through this cut. eventually i'll work towards learning front squats or finding an alternative squatting movement as the squad (and deadlift) have caused me too many injuries, niggles and issues in the past.
Post 14 • IP   flag post
338772 14 14
destitute