Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
CardioTraining Programs

My training log18479

getfit24 private msg quote post Address this user
hi guys...

so I barely post anything here but I've always wanted like a journal or something to keep track of my workouts so I'm going to make one here (hope it's okay. also feel free to suggest/critique my routines, I know I'm gonna need it.)

So a little info, i'm female, 5'8", currently 167 lbs. Bf is around 28%. The goal is to drop it to 24% min.

I hit the gym whenever possible, sometimes work is just very hectic so there's that. Luckily, today I was able to squeeze in a workout.

WOD 10/31/16:

All workouts are just body-weight cardio, some plyo

15 minutes jump rope
15 minutes burpees, pause every 5 mins
15 minutes jumping jacks, pause every 5 mins
25x3 high knees
25x3 tuck jumps
25x4 squat jumps
25x3 mountain climbers
25x3 plank jacks
25x3 skater plyos
Post 1 • IP   flag post
A_em private msg quote post Address this user
Hey, @getfit24

Why don't you lift weights?
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Hi @A_em,

I lift during other days. Some days I focus on cardio.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by getfit24

I didn't know you meant only the workouts from the particular day, that is why I asked

Good luck on your goals!
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_em
Quote:

I didn't know you meant only the workouts from the particular day, that is why I asked

Good luck on your goals!

Yes, and I'll try to update this log whenever I can.

Thank you @A_em!
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Been busy.. but here's an update!

Today I did legs:

20 mins run on the treadmill
3x15 body weight squats
3x15 jump squats
3x15 body weight lunges
3x15 leg extensions -40lbs, increased by 10 after ea set
3x15 calf press - 40lbs, increased by 10 after ea set
3x15 seated leg curls - 40lbs, increased by 10 after ea set
3x10 barbell squats - 50lbs, increased by 10 after ea set
3x10 leg press -1st set at 100lbs; 110lbs;130lbs)
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Chest:

15 mins jump rope, for cardio
15X4push ups
10X4 wall ball burpees
10X15 10lbs dumbbell chest press
10X15 10lbs dumbbell chest flys
10X15 10lbs bent over rows
10X15 25lbs pec deck machine
10X15 25lbs machine chest press
10x15 30lb barbell bench press
1x10 push ups (cool down)

--

I need a little insight on supplements.. I've been working about without them but lately I've been doing my research. Trying to look for what's best for me and make sure it's going to work well before I spend money on them. So far, I've found two pre-workouts that caught my attention.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/muscletech/nanox9-next-gen.html
http://www.gnc.com/Performix-ION-Glow/product.jsp?productId=107191446

Okay so both are said to be specifically formulated for women, so I think that should be right. The first one looks okay to me but I've read some not so nice reviews about muscle tech so I might need your opinions on that.

The second one, I like because.. well it's strawberry margarita flavored (and I loooove margarita! LOL) but it's a little pricey for me.

Has anybody used these before? Or if you guys have any suggestions please feel free to type them down. I really need help on this. Haha.

Thanks so much!!
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Haven't tried any pre-workout yet, but I can only add my two cents and advice not to base your choice on what is for males or females. It looks like adding signs like "glow" and "beauty" only serves for dragging your attention and increases the price of the product. Good that they didn't add it will 'transform fat into muscles'.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
emmyweird84 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm with @A_em I haven't tried any pre-workouts and not really sure I want to. I take a multi vitamin, omegas, b-12. But everyone is different on what works for them. Definitely do your research on the product you're about to buy and make sure that it will accomplish what you're looking for, regardless it being labeled for men or women.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Jsn3004 private msg quote post Address this user
@getfit24 I'd check https://examine.com/ before purchasing supplements.

I may get some crap for this but don't buy either of those two products. You really are considering paying 85+ dollars on a "next-level preworkout"? Don't be fooled by fancy labels and false promises.

And if you do buy preworkout, I'd purchase it elsewhere. GNC's prices are ridiculous. You can purchase C4 for less than half the price from Amazon.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Hello @A_em and @emmyweird84! Thank you both for your input. I'm still doing my research, though. I feel like I don't drop body fat and weight as quick as I want to, so I thought maybe a preworkout will do the trick. Guess I'll just have to keep looking and will post up anything that I find on here to hear your comments. Again thanks!
Post 11 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsn3004
@getfit24 I'd check https://examine.com/ before purchasing supplements.

I may get some crap for this but don't buy either of those two products. You really are considering paying 85+ dollars on a "next-level preworkout"? Don't be fooled by fancy labels and false promises.

And if you do buy preworkout, I'd purchase it elsewhere. GNC's prices are ridiculous. You can purchase C4 for less than half the price from Amazon.

Hey, @Jsn3004! Thanks for your reply. You're right, though, 85 bucks is quite a lot. And I was sooo tempted to purchase it. Sometimes I get too impatient I would purchase something without even thinking. Lol. I'm glad that I posted up my concern on here and got a little enlightened. I'm really a noob when it comes to supplements, have no idea what works and what doesn't. Anyway, I'm still looking and doing my research; I'll keep your advice in mind. What's wrong with GNC? I went to a store the other day to inquire; they were offering me some sort of discount card - so does it mean that even with that card their prices are still not worth the product? I found a liquid L-carnitine, and I've been thinking of buying that, though. What do you think? If I remember it right, it's good for 30 servings and at around $25. Then I stumbled across this product online: https://supplementreviews.com/evogen/carnigen - it's an amino acid. Not really sure how it works, but have you tried something like this before? I'm definitely kicking the female supps out of my list and I am most likely going to purchase the liquid L-carnitine or that one that I found on that review site. Again thank you and I do appreciate all of your comments
Post 12 • IP   flag post
emmyweird84 private msg quote post Address this user
I definitely understand being impatient, especially when you first start seeing results. You end up wanting more and more. But it really does take time, it's not something that happens overnight. For me dropping body fat hasn't been easy either, HIIT added to your program does help a lot!!
Post 13 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmyweird84
I definitely understand being impatient, especially when you first start seeing results. You end up wanting more and more. But it really does take time, it's not something that happens overnight. For me dropping body fat hasn't been easy either, HIIT added to your program does help a lot!!

HIIT does help a lot, I always try to incorporate it in my workouts, even during days that I lift. I guess my body fat is just as stubborn as I am. Lol. Thanks again for the advice! I appreciate it
Post 14 • IP   flag post
Jsn3004 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
What's wrong with GNC?

My friend is working at GNC while he's finishing up college and he told me that he's told to try to push out certain products that will give him higher commission. So whenever I did go there before I can't really take them serious because I know they want me to buy a certain product, and it may not be the best one I can buy. And I personally think it's overpriced and you can find cheaper supplements elsewhere. But that's just my opinion. I'm sure there are some good deals there. My advice is check everywhere before you buy from one place to compare prices.

Quote:
I found a liquid L-carnitine, and I've been thinking of buying that, though. What do you think

To be honest I haven't heard much on that but I probably wouldn't be the best person to give advice on bodybuilding supplements like L-Carnitine. There's more knowledgeable than me on this forum. The only "bodybuilding" supplement I take is Creatine Monohydrate. I do take health supplements though like a Multivitamin, B12 and Vitamin D. I do recommend supplementing with Creatine Monohydrate before you get other bodybuilding supplements though.
Post 15 • IP   flag post
@Jsn3004 what's the Creatine Monohydrate for? Can women take that, too? And well, thanks for your advice. I'll keep those in mind... especially when buying at GNC. Lol. I do appreciate your input on this, thank you so much!
Post 16 • IP   flag post
Just another quick update, was able to hit the gym four times last week despite the hectic schedule at work, plus this morning so I'm happy with that. Wish i wrote down those four other workouts but I forgot lol, but here's what I did today:

20 minutes jump rope
4x15 8lbs dumbbell alt bicep curls
4x15 8lbs pushup rows
4x15 8lbs lateral raises
4x15 8lbs triceps kickbacks
4x15 20/30/30lb bent over barbell rows
4x15 8lbs shoulder overhead press
4x15 25/30/40lb triceps pushdown
4x15 bench dips
Post 17 • IP   flag post
Did back today:

4x15 wide grip lat pull down - 25lbs+10 after every set
4x15 underhand cable pull down - 25lbs+10 after every set
4x15 close grip lat pull down - 25lbs+10 after every set
4x15 bent over barbell row - 20, 20, 25, 25
4x15 one arm dumbbell row - 8, 8, 10, 10
4x15 seated cable row - 25lbs+10 after every set
Post 18 • IP   flag post
Arms/shoulders:

dumbbells:
4 sets by 15 reps 8lb bicep curls
4 sets by 15 reps 8lb tricep curls
4 sets by 15 reps 8lb alt bi curls
4 sets by 15 reps 8lb alt tri curls
4 sets by 15 reps 8lb around the world
4 sets by 15 reps 8lb reverse around the world
4 sets by 15 reps 8lb military press
4 sets by 15 reps 8lb lateral raises
4 sets by 15 reps 8lb alt shoulder press

barbell:
4 sets by 15 reps 20lb bicep curls

Cardio: 30 minutes stationary bike
Post 19 • IP   flag post
Also, just posting this up on here -

Found this creatine product that I wrote down on my list so for reference I'm gonna paste it down here.

https://supplementreviews.com/universal/creatine-2

Again comments/opinions are welcome, as I am still undecided with the supps.
Post 20 • IP   flag post
And a few more that I'm also keeping on my choices:

http://ph.bodybuilding.com/store/evlution-nutrition/cla-1000.html
http://ph.bodybuilding.com/store/muscletech/essential-series-platinum-100-creatine.html
http://www.gnc.com/GNC-Herbal-Plus-Energy-Formula/product.jsp?productId=19431256
Post 21 • IP   flag post
20 minutes stationary bike
15x3 20lb kettlebell squats
15x3 20lb kettlebell sumo squats
15x3 20lb closed leg kettlebell squats
15x3 60lb leg curls
15x3 60lb leg extensions
15x3 60lb leg curl extensions
15x3 20lb walking lunges
Post 22 • IP   flag post
Skipped the gym for like five days because I caught a fever, (yay happy new year to me lol) but today I was able to go. I just did a little cardio, though. Nothing too intense as I'm still tryna recover.

Here's my workout:

15 minutes stationary bike

15 burpees
15 jumping jacks
15 ventral jacks
15 half burpees
15 squat jumps

200 counts of jump rope

For my pre workout, I've been trying this liquid l carnitine, and I'll keep you guys posted how it works. So far, no results yet but I just hope it gets me somewhere lol

The one I'm using is from GNC: http://www.gnc.com/GNC-Total-Lean-Liquid-L-Carnitine-Iced-Tea-with-Lemon/product.jsp?productId=4452496

I know I was warned that it's a little expensive to buy at GNC but at 17 bucks good for 30 days, I don't think it's that bad. Won't hurt to give it a try, but I do hope it works. Well.. we'll see.
Post 23 • IP   flag post
Not the best workout but I tried to finish something up today, was feeling under the weather so yeah.

15 3lb dumbbell curls
15 5lb dumbbell curls
15 8lb dumbbell curls
15 3lb dumbbell hammer curls
15 5lb dumbbell hammer curls
15 8lb dumbbell hammer curls
15 3lb dumbbell triceps extension
15 5lb dumbbell triceps extension
15 8lb dumbbell triceps extension

10 minutes bike
Post 24 • IP   flag post
10 minutes stationary bike

15x40lb barbell deadlifts
12x40lb
10x40lb

15x50lb rowing machine
12x50lb
10x50lb

15x50lb reverse grip rowing
12x50lb
10x50lb

15x15lb single arm dumbbell row
12x15lb
10x15lb

15x40lb barbell row
12x40lb
10x40lb
Post 25 • IP   flag post
450 counts jump rope

5 sets:
15 box jump burpees
25 jumping jacks
10 jump squats
Post 26 • IP   flag post
5 minutes stationary bike
350 counts jump rope

3x15 45lb wide grip lat pulldown
1x10 4lb
1x15 30lb
1x20 15lb cable rows
1x10 45lb
1x15 30lb
1x20 15lb close grip lat pulldown
1x10 45lb
1x15 30lb
1x20 15lb close grip lat pulldown
1x10 45lb
1x15 30lb
1x20 15lb reverse close grip lat pulldown
3x15 15lb dumbbell rows
3x15 60lb barbell deadlift
Post 27 • IP   flag post
5 mins stationary bike
300 counts jump rope
60 burpees

4x15 dumbbell hammer curls
4x15 dumbbell curls
4x15 alt hammer curls
4x15 alt dumbbell curls
3x15 overhead triceps extension
Post 28 • IP   flag post
Also just want to write these product links down here for future reference (future purchases maybe, we'll see)

http://www.gnc.com/GNC-Womens-Ultra-Mega/product.jsp?productId=59680346
http://www.gnc.com/Lenny-Larrys-The-Complete-Cookie/product.jsp?productId=60252746
https://www.amazon.com/NatureWise-R...86040744&sr=1-6&keywords=fat+burner+for+women
https://www.amazon.com/Garden-Life-...&qid=1486040771&sr=1-12&keywords=post+workout
https://www.amazon.com/BPI-Sports-P...c&ie=UTF8&qid=1486040804&sr=1-5&keywords=bcaa
Post 29 • IP   flag post
3x35 jump squats
3x15 box jump burpees
3x15 kettlebell clean and jerk
3x15 kettlebell swings

3x15 leg raise
3x15 sit ups
3x15 cross legs
3x15 flutter kicks
Post 30 • IP   flag post